In the Mood....

TheRandyMan

Apr 3, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II, Minelab Etrac, Ace 250k, Discovery TF-900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love it...we are snowed/iced in here in the Dallas area as well. Blustery. We have not had a winter like this since the massive ice storm of 1979 in which I totaled my brand new 1979 Camaro... :'(

The old big band sound is wonderful.

Your avatar, is that a perfect rack? :dontknow:

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Oh, I bet the year '79 sticks with you huh?

If by perfect you mean side identical, almost but not perfectly so. It's a bronze skull and rack.

We've just had a big snowstorm on top of last week's blizzard here in N. Okla. 20" last week, 18" last night. Unbelievable! I think we're still the southern Plains?

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Really liked the 'String of Pearls'. Listening to the sound & seeing the styles & class of those of 'yesterday'
surely show us nothing today compares. Thanks.

OP
OP
naturegirl

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
That's a good point tubecity. At least as far as reaching the general public like Glenn Miller did, there isn't a band or orchestra that is popular like that. Trans-siberan Orchestra comes close, but you only hear them played at Christmas, and while I enjoyed seeing them in person, I don't think I could do that light show and volumn every day. There's a new thread, Who's the classiest act today? whose got the most style? (Not shock, show or volumn) Just sheer class?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions