WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Here we go! I forgot about the chicken dance! This is how it's done!! Almost. The lady with the green sweater does it, then she tries to follow what everyone else does with their fingers which is wrong. They do the Hokey Pokey wrong though. It is supposed to be done like this: :notworthy:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Here we go! I forgot about the chicken dance! This is how it's done!! Almost. The lady with the green sweater does it, then she tries to follow what everyone else does with their fingers which is wrong. They do the Hokey Pokey wrong though. It is supposed to be done like this: :notworthy:

========
Well............. I don't know where to begin ??? Everybody seemed to have a good time so I will leave it at that. Nice to see happy kids and parents bonding.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
In the early 60's, the first Honda motorcycle I ever saw was a Model C100 which was powered by a 50CC engine. A band called the Hondells sang about it...

I had a Harley (125 I think). Street or dirt. We took off all the lights so I could ride it on the dirt trails in the field behind our house. When it was time for me to get my license, dad sold it to help buy my car. Now this is funny for you all. I went from a cool Harley rider to driving a AMC Matador. :tongue3:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Girls were NOT suppose to have cooler cars than the guys, it is an unwritten law :laughing7: That is neat that you had a Harley bike. Dirt bikes are neat :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Girls were NOT suppose to have cooler cars than the guys, it is an unwritten law :laughing7: That is neat that you had a Harley bike. Dirt bikes are neat :icon_thumright:

Looking at vids, I should have insisted we kept it. I think it was a 175. Can you tell from a pic? Tell me what to look for. I don't want to post the pic. (Tom may be lurking!:laughing9:)

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The Band called the "Rip Chords" sang about the Cobra, an incredible car...

That's a cool song. RTR has a Cobra. I hope he still lurks and listened to it. He would like the song, also.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
In the early 60's, the first Honda motorcycle I ever saw was a Model C100 which was powered by a 50CC engine. A band called the Hondells sang about it...

I was recently invited to jam with a band composed of retirees from THE VILLAGES- actually I was the oldest among them.
After providing lead guitar and fills and background vocals on songs by the Stones, Springfield, Them, and such, they wanted me to join their band...Then
they played Little Honda, a song I would never play when its was new-
needless to say it was doesvadanya!

ROIGuy

Jun 9, 2019
Palos Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600/ Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone remember Glen Campbell?
One of the greats IMO... R.I.P. Glen

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone remember Glen Campbell?
One of the greats IMO... R.I.P. Glen

Welcome, ROIGuy, and thank you for sharing one of your favorites! I always liked Glen Campbell. Seems like when I was taking organ lessons as a kid, I had to learn one of his songs. For the life of me, I cannot remember which one! Here is one of my favorites from Glen.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I was recently invited to jam with a band composed of retirees from THE VILLAGES- actually I was the oldest among them.
After providing lead guitar and fills and background vocals on songs by the Stones, Springfield, Them, and such, they wanted me to join their band...Then
they played Little Honda, a song I would never play when its was new-
needless to say it was doesvadanya!

I don't think I can retain all the information I am learning from you and Simon. I am enjoying the ride, though.

Formation

In April 1964, Van Morrison established an R&B club at the Maritime Hotel, Belfast with entrepreneurs Jimmy Conlon, Jerry McKernan and Gerry McKervey (known as the "3Js"). Morrison gave notice to the group with which he performed at the time, the Golden Eagles. With an anticipated opening night for the new R&B club approaching, he embarked on a mission to find his ideal line-up. He had recently been introduced to The Gamblers, an East Belfast group formed in 1962 by Ronnie Milling (drums), Billy Harrison (guitar and lead vocals), and Alan Henderson (bass guitar). Eric Wrixon, who was still in school, had been recruited as piano player and keyboardist. Morrison joined in on tenor saxophone, harmonica and vocals. The group rehearsed over Dougie Knight's bicycle shop in Shaftesbury Square, Belfast in preparation for their debut at the Maritime. As the group now felt they needed a new name, they followed Eric Wrixon's suggestion and the Gamblers changed to Them after the 1954 sci-fi horror film.[SUP][9][/SUP]

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I know how much you like Credence Clearwater Revival Sis, were you aware that they started out as The Blue Velvets in 1959, then in 1964 they changed their name to The Golliwogs. Then in 1967 they changed their name to Creedence Clearwater Revival. :headbang:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I know how much you like Credence Clearwater Revival Sis, were you aware that they started out as The Blue Velvets in 1959, then in 1964 they changed their name to The Golliwogs. Then in 1967 they changed their name to Creedence Clearwater Revival. :headbang:

No, I was not. Do you have some music to go with that?

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I am frustrated! I was in a store that was playing oldies on the musak thing. I heard a really cool song, but couldn't figure out what the title was. I have been searching and searching! NADA!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, but can I post it tonight ? Right now my internet is acting up something terrible and I can only post in short bursts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread