SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The band was formed in 1959. Original members were John Fogerty (guitar), Stu Cook (piano), and Doug Clifford (drums). Tom Fogerty joined the group in 1960.
The Blue Velvets
The Golliwogs
Then Creedence Clearwater Revival. :headbang:

Simon1 thanks for the incredible history of CCR and for the songs!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I can imagine you reving the gas and singing "Get your motor running, heading for the highway..." :headbang:

Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way

View attachment 1747989

Geez Sis, you girls were brave to be riding that bike with shorts on. That style of exhaust burnt MANY a leg.

LOL! Where's the videos to go with those lyrics, guys? :laughing9:

Actually, I never rode it on the street. The guy on the bike was the first to get a mini bike. And when his little brother was big enough, he got one, also. We had (made)trails behind our houses. There were a couple boys from across the street that would ride bikes and other friends that would bring their dirt bikes and ride. But mostly it was the 2 neighbor boys and me together riding. One day my dad brought home a mini bike and put a lawn mower engine on it. It was a rag a muffin. We all thought it was awesome! One less person to give rides to and I was more like one of them. It was quite hilarious, but we all had fun on it. I was always last and following the boys and going and doing what they did. Well they took a path that had a little mound to jump. Just big enough for little teenagers on dirt bikes to get lifted off the ground. Here I go put put and following and I hit the rock that was in the middle of the mound, flipped on my mini bike and got a big time gouge down my stomach from the handle bar because the grips were wore out. Still got that stupid scar.

th
Something like this one.

That other girl on the bike wearing shorts and flip flops, well, she wasn't really apart of our clique. She didn't know to wear jeans and real shoes. I did. I was raised with the 2 boys next door, and then 2 more boys moved in across the street. I was a tom-boy. She moved in and it was like, "Oh boy! I have a girl to play with!" Well it didn't work out because I wouldn't stop hanging with the boys. One day she started a yelling match a cross the street. Of course the boys were egging me on to fight her. She wasn't allowed to cross the street, so we all went over to the boys' house across from mine. She came over and started to slap me like a girl. Again, the 4 boys are egging me on, so I clenched my fist, reared back and threw a punch and bloodied her nose. This was right after one of the Ali VS Frazier fights, either '74 or '75, so we were like 11 or 12. She ran home crying and the boys were cheering and calling me "Muhammad Ali, floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee." LOL! Ah memories! So, at the time of the pic, we were friends again, for a minute.

We spent quite a few summers riding when my dad brought home that Harley for me. It was a huge hit with all of us. But for me, it made me feel more like an equal. So, if I was singing, it would have been in my head only and it might have been this one. :laughing9: (Maybe not, it may not have been released quite yet)

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Any mini bike would be a hit Sis and that was pretty much what every mini bike had for an engine, a lawn mower motor. Those were NEAT :notworthy:
Why would guys want to see girls fight :icon_scratch:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a pic for your "Happy Place", now I just have to find your thread.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The Blue Velvets ( Before Golliwogs and CCR )
Have You Ever Been Lonely - 1961

The Blue Velvets ( Before Golliwogs and CCR )
Oh! My Love - 1961

Yes, thank you very much , Simon. I liked the two I quoted the best. Then, this one my browser wouldn't support. Just in case that is an issue for somone else, I got another version.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Any mini bike would be a hit Sis and that was pretty much what every mini bike had for an engine, a lawn mower motor. Those were NEAT :notworthy:
Why would guys want to see girls fight :icon_scratch:

Well, I suspect it was because she was talking smack to them and they couldn't hit her. Oh well, other than giving my kids a well deserved smack on the bottom, I never hit anyone again. Not my thing.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Whoo hoo! I stumbled across one of my favs that I don't think I have played yet!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your turn, SD51. Tell us a story about your bike.

My brothers and I shared a mini-bike that didn't survive very long. I brought a small boat called a "Saucy Shingle" after I won a 7.5 H.P. Mercury outboard motor in a church raffle.

saucy shingle.jpg

It was a blast but I wanted more speed so I borrowed a 10 H.P. motor and would get about 25 mph. Probably a good thing I never tried a 20 H.P. motor...

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
My brothers and I shared a mini-bike that didn't survive very long. I brought a small boat called a "Saucy Shingle" after I won a 7.5 H.P. Mercury outboard motor in a church raffle.

View attachment 1748413

It was a blast but I wanted more speed so I borrowed a 10 H.P. motor and would get about 25 mph. Probably a good thing I never tried a 20 H.P. motor...
========

That little boat looks like a blast SD51 ! I agree it was probably a good thing you did not get a 20 hp.:tongue3: 25 mph on water in a small boat like that was pretty risky, fast.......but risky :laughing7:

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

View attachment 1748413

I don't think I would have had the guts for that.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
Good ones, BillA! :notworthy:

Thanks for adding and feel free to post more of your favorites!

my childhood to youth was a huge cultural shift, and that was before I moved to Italia in '59

I should add that I was exposed to opera and musicals from a young age, the above is a love song

edit:
[h=2]Un uomo vivo[/h]Io non sapevo per cosa vivevo.
Io non sapevo a che cosa servivo.
Ora so, ora so...
I miei occhi mi servono
per vedere te,
le mie labbra mi servono
per parlare a te,
le orecchie mi servono
per sentire la tua voce,
le mie mani mi servono
per stringere te...

E sono un uomo, un uomo vero,
un uomo vero perché ti amo.
E sono un uomo, un uomo vivo,
un uomo vivo perché ti amo.
Perché ti amo, io ti amo,
io ti amo e tu ami me.

E sono un uomo, un uomo vero,
un uomo vero perché ti amo.
E sono un uomo, un uomo vivo,
un uomo vivo perché ti amo.
Perché ti amo, io ti amo,
io ti amo e tu ami me.

using google to translate:

A Living Man

I didn't know what I lived for.
I didn't know what I was serving.
Now I know, now I know ...
I need my eyes
to see you,
my lips serve me
to talk to you,
I need ears
to hear your voice,
my hands serve me
to tighten you ...

And I'm a man, a real man,
a real man because I love you.
And I'm a man, a living man,
a man alive because I love you.
Because I love you, I love you,
I love you and you love me.

And I'm a man, a real man,
a real man because I love you.
And I'm a man, a living man,
a man alive because I love you.
Because I love you, I love you,
I love you and you love me.

better in Italian

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other

The Yardbirds with Jeff Beck.
Beck joined the Yardbirds after their first lead guitarist, Eric Clapton quit, then for a short time, Beck and Jimmy Page were both in the Yardbirds, then Beck departed to form the JEFF BECK GROUP with Rod Stewart as lead vocalist.
Clapton formed CREAM, and Page, LED ZEPELIN, and all three have influenced many a guitar slinger.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions