Favorite songs I was raised on

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
This is last remnant of the old days. View attachment 1788314
I’ll hang on to it even though no one in my family will want it.
==========
That is nice Elwood..........I mean Rook :laughing7:
Someday the family will claim it when they discover a dollar amount. :tongue3:
ECS has a nice collection even though it is missing a Rickenbacker :laughing7:
My guitars are worth.............. probably nothing to except me. They brought enjoyment.
I started out on Ludwig drums, then went to Slingerland, and then Rogers.
I tried to accumulate a collection of cymbals like Yes, (previously known as Mable Greers Toyshop), but cymbals were expense and they NEVER sounded the same at home as in the music shop ??? Those that sucked, well, I drilled holes in them and inserted rivets in order to make them useful as well as a better sound.

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS, does your wife still sing when you play ?

A musician, singer, songwriter, producer, agent, :notworthy: and still have time to piss off some in the KGB thread :laughing7:

Man Rook, I forgot all about Gloria and the Shadows of Knight.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
https://wealthygorilla.com/most-expensive-guitars/

1. “Reach Out To Asia” Fender Stratocaster – $2.7 Million
2. John Lennon’s 1962 Gibson J-160E Acoustic Electric – $2.4 Million
3. Jimi Hendrix’s 1968 Fender Stratocaster – $2 Million
4. Jerry Garcia’s “Wolf” – $1.9 Million
5. Bob Marley’s Washburn 22-Series Hawk – $1.2 Million
6. 1958 Gibson Korina Explorer – $1.1 Million
7. Keith Richards 1959 Les Paul – $1 Million
8. Bob Dylan’s “New Port Folk Festival” 1964 Fender Stratocaster – $965,000
9. Eric Clapton’s “Blackie” – $959,000
10. Jerry Garcia’s Custom Doug Irwin “Tiger” – $957,500

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
This Beatle hit pretty much sums up how my guitars feel compared to those on this list :sadsmiley:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other

Now what would have happened if we ran into them back then ? :icon_scratch:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
At Christmas I searched high and low for a song that I know my dad would have liked and I thought of Peyton when searching for it. I swear it was called the John Deere song but I find nothing at all. You remember the barking dogs doing Jingle Bells ? This was a John Deere tractor starting and set to the tune of Jingle Bells. I heard it one time and one time only, but have not forgotten it. Maybe someone else heard it ?

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
What is this instrument that John plays in this video? It's like a mini bugle or something.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
At Christmas I searched high and low for a song that I know my dad would have liked and I thought of Peyton when searching for it. I swear it was called the John Deere song but I find nothing at all. You remember the barking dogs doing Jingle Bells ? This was a John Deere tractor starting and set to the tune of Jingle Bells. I heard it one time and one time only, but have not forgotten it. Maybe someone else heard it ?

You mean like this?

PS. Are you trying to get KCM to join this party?:laughing9:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
ECS, does your wife still sing when you play ?
A musician, singer, songwriter, producer, agent, :notworthy:
and still have time to piss off some in the KGB thread :laughing7:
Its not healthy to piss off the KGB, people disappear! :icon_thumleft:
As for the Beale and Oak Island threads, real facts seem to always upset some.
No she does not.
Also, was a member of the management group that handled Rusty Day's reformed CACTUS when he lived in Longwood, Florida- a lot of "snow" in around, but I quit that Mgt group before Day and his 12yo son were machinegunned down in their home by a unpaid dealer.
I also had an Indie marketing label, Orange Records, and on THE COMETS (new wave band) you can hear my finger snaps on "Help Me".
The Comets opened for Bow Wow Wow at Eckerd College in St Pete, and that gig turned into a genuine Donnybrook knock down drag out because both band names were the same size on the College's marquee.
Their song, "Aurora" is included on Gainesville label HYDE & ZEKE RECORDS "Sinkhole Tapes"- the 12 string was added by the label owner on the entire song, mush to my disagreement. I prefer "layered" arrangements ,adding it to the second verse, but he insisted having it from the song's beginning, informing me it was added on his dime for his label.
The wonderful world of rock & roll ego. :laughing7:
The last band I developed/managed/produced/published was the band CIARA (not the solo artist), and they were one of the bands chosen to perform at the Official Y2K Party in Sugar Lake, Mexico.
They did an ASCAP Showcase in Miami in 2000 and "Worry About Yourself" is included on the "ASCAP Presents... Heineken AMPT Music Series.
"Those dats are gone forever, over a long time ago"- Steely Dan

Last summer I was invited to jam with some VILLAGES retirees who practiced in a mobile home community recreation building in Salt Springs.
They called themselves Alabama Fats & the Upsetters , (they do have some posted youtube videos), and they played songs like Gloria, The Last Time, far too many 3 chord progession songs, and Little Honda and Hanky Panky which I NEVER played when new.
I added lead fills and solos and backing vocals, and played and sang Heart Full of Soul, Kids Are Alright, Feel A Whole Lot Better, but they couldn't handle the off back beats of She Said by the Beatles.
They wanted me to join, but I declined when they said they wanted to play 4 sets in bars.

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
That is not one I had heard Sis. It is pretty good................but alas..........not the one I remember. Thanks for helping to look. I will find it someday by accident.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
The "Village"Sounds like a pretty nice place, probably have a dress code so I guess I can just stand by the street and wave. :hello:

I sure miss those old days and the music. Just isn't anything to compare anymore and it's gotten to the point I have to "mute" the t.v. when a commercial uses some chalk on a blackboard background song. >:(

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread