Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Dedicated to my mom. A couple of her favorites:

Good Bye, Mom. Six white horses come to take you home.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I am so sorry for your loss Sis.
We lost a couple family members this past two months, ( one the end of October. the other in November ), so I can sorta understand.
I HATED it when people say they are better off now, but, sometimes it is the truth. They will be deeply missed, but NOT forgotten.

These are a couple of my favorites in time of sorrow and I can only hope your pain eases with time and prayers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I am so sorry for your loss Sis.
We lost a couple family members this past two months, ( one the end of October. the other in November ), so I can sorta understand.
I HATED it when people say they are better off now, but, sometimes it is the truth. They will be deeply missed, but NOT forgotten.

These are a couple of my favorites in time of sorrow and I can only hope your pain eases with time and prayers.

Thanks, Simon. It was kind of a Blessing that she didn't know she had cancer until the last 2 weeks. I mean, she was living her life as usual with out that big "c" hanging over her head. On the other hand, we are all just grappling with the fact that she has had way too many tests done over these past few years that there is no way it could have gone unnoticed by someone. They (medical field) seemed to only be concerned about their treatment and not giving the info because she was old. JMO. But at the end of the day, it is what it is, or was at this point.

Funny moment... while planning the funeral, my dad and I were so distraught. I could only come up with Tommy Cash, Bobby Vinton, and Englebert Humperdink as her favorites. Mr WD piped in and gave Buddy Holly. It was too late to change it when he realized it was Roy Orbison and not Buddy Holly. So at her funeral we heard:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Easy to do. So much pressure and stress and such a short time frame. I believe we all have a regret or two afterwards..........I know I did.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WD sorry to hear about your loss.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Easy to do. So much pressure and stress and such a short time frame. I believe we all have a regret or two afterwards..........I know I did.

Don't dwell on them. We are only human. Can't change anything anyway. Just learn from it. Forgiven.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
When music was music.....IMO
Especially the solo at the 5 minute mark.
Caution: Song is long; I could get from home to work on just this one song.
Enjoy
Don.....

A very good song, Don! :hello2: My favorite part is at about 3 minutes. Thanks!

Edit: and around 6 minutes.

Edit : and 8 minutes. Do do do do doot doot doot do do do doot

Last edited:

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
FLOW was an early jazz rock fusion band formed by John Winter, keyboards, sax, flute, Mike Barnett, Drums (fellow members of Ocala High School Class of '66) Don Felder, guitar, and Chuck Newcomb, bass and vocals. They recorded one album on CREED TAYLOR RECORDS.
Winter and Barnett were in THE INCIDENTALS, a British invasion cover band, and Felder was in THE CONTINENTALS (with Stephen Stills, Bernie Leadon) and when Stills departed, they changed the name to the MAUDY QUINTET.
Both bands had a 45 single released on Tampa label, Paris Tower, and were contemporary with the NIGHTCRAWLERS and the ALLMAN JOYS.

After leaving FLOW with bad feelings, married and living in Boston, Felder relates:"John Winter, the former keyboard player and saxophone, called up and asked if he could come and stay. He'd been just released from a mental institution in New York State after suffering some drug-related emotional problems"... During the HELL FREEZES OVER TOUR Felder heard(Mike Barnett) "been living in Woodstock for years, and he took a massive drug overdose. They didn't find him for ages, and when they did, his brain had been starved for oxygen for too long. He's in a wheelchair now"
-Don Felder, HEAVEN AND HELL autobiography.
Don Felder and Bernie Leadon joined the EAGLES, Felder wrote "Hotel California".
Mike Barnett and I wrote the OHS Senior Class "66 play that was banned by the principal and never performed.
Mike Barnett has since passed away.

John R Winter died in Madison Florida, Sunday, December 22,2019.
An unbelievable music talent and artist whose true potential was never achieved.
Flow was managed by the team that handed the Young Rascals, and John introduced me to Felix as a fellow musician.
Flow played many gigs in New York, including Bill Graham's Fillmore East, and its a shame that they never received proper promotion from CTI Records, because they had a cutting edge sound for their time.
Godspeed, my friend.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I am sorry for the loss of your friend, ECS. May he rest in peace and may God grant peace and comfort to his family and friends.

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry I'am late ECS, I am also sorry for the loss of your friend.

Recently, the leader of our former band contacted me and told me that two members of our old band passed. Only three of us remain. Makes me wonder where time went.

Enjoy it while we can. :notworthy:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that Simon, keep all the good memories of them with you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread