All My Half Cents 13 Total **Make that 14 now**

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
I posted over in Today's Find a while back that I was doing a inventory of all my coins and putting them in new safety flips. I asked if I should post them as I did this and received a lot of "yes' responses soo here we go.

These are all my Half Cents some better then others but still one of my favorite coppers to dig!

Enjoy!

MonkeyBoy

Attachments

• half_obv.jpg
    half_obv.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,446
  • half_rev.jpg
    half_rev.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,449
  • 1806obv.jpg
    1806obv.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,409
  • 1806rev.jpg
    1806rev.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,432
  • 1828obv.jpg
    1828obv.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,436
  • 1828rev.jpg
    1828rev.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,422
Upvote 0
OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i
Re: All My Half Cents 13 Total

bigscrub said:
Dang mb....THE NEWEST HOUSE IS PRE 1900....WHEW...IM MOVIN FROM FLORIDA TO YOUR NECK-OF -THE-WOODS PAL...HAHA...LUCKY YOU MY FRIEND! ONE OF MY DAUGHTERS LIVES IN DOVER, N.H...AND SHE HAS BEEN TRYIN TO GET ME TO COMEUP THERE FOR A VISIT...I TOLD HER...IF I COME...IM DIGGIN YOUR YARD UP...HAHA...SHE SAID "COME ON DAD, WE CAN DEAL WITH IT"...! SHE SAYS THEIR NOT TOO FAR FROM BOSTON...IM SURE THEY GOT A FEW OLD COPPERS UP THAT WAY TOO! SMILE,BIGSCRUB...P.S...GREAT PICS...KEEP THEM COMIN!
Thanks!! at least you have the chance it dig some really old Spanish silver!!! I would love a cob!!!
Yes, I would make the trip up to NE!! I have a trip up next month to RI and plan to get a couple of days in..

MB

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Why so few half cents compared to large cents found? They made them until the 1850's, right?

I found my one and only half cent last november at a house site between two office complexes in Reston, VA. It is the 1800 - 1808 variety but too far gone to read the date. Two large cents came out of the sight as well as a much later IH.

DCMatt

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

DCMatt said:
Why so few half cents compared to large cents found? They made them until the 1850's, right?

I found my one and only half cent last november at a house site between two office complexes in Reston, VA. It is the 1800 - 1808 variety but too far gone to read the date. Two large cents came out of the sight as well as a much later IH.

DCMatt

I'm not sure?? Totals were less and I once heard form an antiques dealer that people used them for slate roof washers because they were cheaper then buying the actual washers.. no idea if that is try but he had a whole box of them, over 100, all with nail holes right through the middle.. he said a guy brought them in after they demo'ed a house..

MB

OP
OP
MonkeyBoy

MonkeyBoy

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
V3i

My total is now 14 since I dug one at the newest cellar hole I'm working.... 1809..

MB

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Draped Bust Half cent is my 1st and favorite coin. I have the 1804 plain 4 stemless wreath. Your Large Cent and Half Cent collections are stunning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions