Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, Wow, WOW! :o

How did the condition on the other side hold up?

dwayne sueno

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
upstate ny
Detector(s) used
se pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Gorgeous coin. Certainly near the top of my list. Is that a second one in the lower right corner of the pic?
Would love to see some more pics of these.

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, Hank, awesome Oak Tree shilling! :icon_thumleft: I am thrilled to see the "Colonial Bloodhound" on Treasurenet. :hello2: You will love it here. I talked to SC Keith on the phone yesterday and I had to state how impressed I was with your Colonial hunting. Post your finds on the "Today's Finds" forum once you make them. Thanks for stopping by, my friend.

Kirk :hello:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen your posts on the other site for several years, just never replied because I no longer post there. That being said, it's hard to beat those early silver you find! We actually have a find in common, and I wish I could say it was a Mass silver, but it's not, it's the early French bale seal with the funky looking bird. I remember you posting it because it's the only other I have ever seen besides mine.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also seen you repost the Stamped 2 Sous and seems you are not clear on the ID?

The crown stamp is listed as St. Bartholomew and is probably a fairly scarce coin. It gets better, and rarer, if you can see any trace of an old Sou Marque which was used as an undertype for a small percentage of these. It's an interesting, and pretty good find. In reference to your other post the Douzain is a completely different coin and struck with an entirely different stamp.

Here is a picture of the Sou.

Attachments

• sou1.jpg
    sou1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,190
  • sou2.jpg
    sou2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,184

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

That is a fantastic coin :notworthy: was it struck on one of the later dies for the coinage :dontknow:

Welcome to Treasure Net :hello2:

SS

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Congrats on finding two Tree shillings :o :icon_scratch: There are two or am I seeing double ??? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: CMD

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
"...one of my best finds LATELY..." Really! It'd be my best find of just about ever! Congratulations!

OP
OP
hudsonhank

hudsonhank

Tenderfoot
Sep 29, 2010
Hudson NH
Iron Patch said:
Have you got any info on the chicken bale seal? date the back of mine had bostonia or something close i forget but will check

I have seen your posts on the other site for several years, just never replied because I no longer post there. That being said, it's hard to beat those early silver you find! We actually have a find in common, and I wish I could say it was a Mass silver, but it's not, it's the early French bale seal with the funky looking bird. I remember you posting it because it's the only other I have ever seen besides mine.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hudsonhank said:
Iron Patch said:
Have you got any info on the chicken bale seal? date the back of mine had bostonia or something close i forget but will check

Nothing other than mine was found at an early French site.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions