Found: Templar Gold

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Now that I have your attention, the gold I've discovered is of a different vissiage, it is liquid gold. I'm researching the infamous KTs in Ireland and Scotland for a book I'm writing on the lost Templar fleet, (I've metal detected around Templar sites in Ireland and so far have not unearthed any artifacts, but I certainly have not given up. Especially when local legend has it that the Holy Grail is burried on the Hill of Tara). During my research, I came across a brewing recipe, an original Knights Templar ale recipe. I collected the ingredients and brewed some for the 1st time over the weekend and it was finally done fermenting today, so I had a chance to try it for the 1st time. The verdict is, I've found the Holy Ale!

Upvote 0

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i take a 12 pack...oh you guys use the metric system ummm 13 pack then

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
gypsyheart said:
Are you going to share that recipe with the rest of us?

We wold REALLY like to have that recipe! Nothing better than getting drunk off a 200 year old recipe! Heck, maybe after 12 pints, I'll think I"M a Templar... lol

OP
OP
DJ_Quinn

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
gypsyheart said:

Gypsy, you can have it, but it uses all organic ingredients from Ireland.

You need malt, bottom fermenting yeast and a mixture of herbs called gruit. The gruit is made up of mugwort, sweet gale, marsh rodemary and yarrow. I'm actually putting together home brewing kits and flogging them on ebay. Sold my 1st one yesterday and it got 7 bids.

OP
OP
DJ_Quinn

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
cryptodave said:
gypsyheart said:

We wold REALLY like to have that recipe! Nothing better than getting drunk off a 200 year old recipe! Heck, maybe after 12 pints, I'll think I"M a Templar... lol

200 years old recipe? It's 700 years old.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
DJ_Quinn said:
gypsyheart said:

You need malt, bottom fermenting yeast and a mixture of herbs called gruit. The gruit is made up of mugwort, sweet gale, marsh rodemary and yarrow. I'm actually putting together home brewing kits and flogging them on ebay. Sold my 1st one yesterday and it got 7 bids.
Cool...I have made wine (am Hungarian ;)), beer and grow all my own Herbs for cooking and medicinal...so I think I could handle it ....I send me the ebay site and I can get it from there...Thanks

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
DJ_Quinn said:
cryptodave said:
gypsyheart said:

200 years old recipe? It's 700 years old.

Sorry, I haven't had my first cup of joe, and was thinking of 1717, the beginning of the freemasons.

OP
OP
DJ_Quinn

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
gypsyheart said:
DJ_Quinn said:
gypsyheart said:

Cool...I have made wine (am Hungarian ;)), beer and grow all my own Herbs for cooking and medicinal...so I think I could handle it ....I send me the ebay site and I can get it from there...Thanks

Here's the ebay link:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4466587524&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MESE:IT&rd=1

I'm also setting up a website and if anyone is interested in homebrewing them send me a PM and I'll give I'll work a better deal out. You don't even need any special equipment, just a pot big enough to hold 5 gallons.

Cheers,

DJ

Will_detect4food

May 2, 2006
Gold Coast
Maybe if you drink the beer- enough to make you think you are a templar, then you will remember where you put the grail,
Then you could drink the beer from the grail

on the down side if you dig it up and its more than 50 years old some thieving state or archaeological board will steel it from you

OUCH....

OP
OP
DJ_Quinn

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Will_detect4food said:
Maybe if you drink the beer- enough to make you think you are a templar, then you will remember where you put the grail,
Then you could drink the beer from the grail

on the down side if you dig it up and its more than 50 years old some thieving state or archaeological board will steel it from you

OUCH....

I'll stick with the Holy Ale. I have no idea what the real Grail is.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
So if my money conversion is correct, if I won the auction right now at 12 euro, and paid the 20 euro shipping, it would come to roughly $41 US?
Thats alot of Bud, bud.

OP
OP
DJ_Quinn

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
cryptodave said:
So if my money conversion is correct, if I won the auction right now at 12 euro, and paid the 20 euro shipping, it would come to roughly $41 US?
Thats alot of Bud, bud.

For 5 gallons? The shipping is the highest cost. If you bought a homebrew kit in the States from one of the companies that sells them, it would cost you $30 or more plus shipping. And you would be gettingI've tried to keep the costs as reasonable as I can but the package weighs quite a bit and the ingredients aren't cheap.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I'm not complaining Quinn, just pointing out how much you get, and also converting the money for the people who aren't 100% on currency conversion.

OP
OP
DJ_Quinn

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
cryptodave said:
I'm not complaining Quinn, just pointing out how much you get, and also converting the money for the people who aren't 100% on currency conversion.

No worries Dvae. The conversion is that a euro is worth about $1.27 US dollars, so €32 is about $40.64.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
PARTY AT DAVES HOUSE!!!! Now if we could get Gypsy to bring some of those "medicinal herbs" she grows, we'd have a real party. eh boys? lol (just kidding Gypsy!)

Attachments

• B.jpg
    B.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,359
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,361
OP
OP
DJ_Quinn

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Mighty AP said:
PARTY AT DAVES HOUSE!!!! Now if we could get Gypsy to bring some of those "medicinal herbs" she grows, we'd have a real party. eh boys? lol (just kidding Gypsy!)

Medicinal herbs??? I've seen a few pipes posted in the best finds section as well....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread