Found: Templar Gold

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
Now that I have your attention, the gold I've discovered is of a different vissiage, it is liquid gold. I'm researching the infamous KTs in Ireland and Scotland for a book I'm writing on the lost Templar fleet, (I've metal detected around Templar sites in Ireland and so far have not unearthed any artifacts, but I certainly have not given up. Especially when local legend has it that the Holy Grail is burried on the Hill of Tara). During my research, I came across a brewing recipe, an original Knights Templar ale recipe. I collected the ingredients and brewed some for the 1st time over the weekend and it was finally done fermenting today, so I had a chance to try it for the 1st time. The verdict is, I've found the Holy Ale!

Upvote 0

Stroover

Mar 28, 2006
Canadian East Coast
DJ_Quinn said:
Stroover, I didn't know that. Is it any good?

And to the rest of you, I just brewed a new batch and your all invited to help me drink it!

Cheers!
Yes, it is quite good! But I think it's imported from the UK somewhere. On the bottle it says "Holy Grale" with the "Gr" crossed out with a big "X".

OP
OP
DJ_Quinn

DJ_Quinn

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2005
Southeastern Ireland
diving doc said:
DJ_Quinn said:
Now that I have your attention, the gold I've discovered is of a different vissiage, it is liquid gold. I'm researching the infamous KTs in Ireland and Scotland for a book I'm writing on the lost Templar fleet, (I've metal detected around Templar sites in Ireland and so far have not unearthed any artifacts, but I certainly have not given up. Especially when local legend has it that the Holy Grail is burried on the Hill of Tara). During my research, I came across a brewing recipe, an original Knights Templar ale recipe. I collected the ingredients and brewed some for the 1st time over the weekend and it was finally done fermenting today, so I had a chance to try it for the 1st time. The verdict is, I've found the Holy Ale!

I've posted a little history on the Knights, it might be helpful is you haven't already seen it.

Doc

Can you post the link doc? I've been researching the Templars in Ireland and Scotland and I've metal detected around Templetown and Ballyhack, Templar precipatories and castles, and some Templar churches. So far, all I've found are some old horseshoes.

DJ

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting