My coolest finds so far

dawn7494

Aug 8, 2013
Clare County Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lead bullet.jpg lead bullet (2).jpg Bullet in 1840-50 Daringer gut gun.jpg 1840-50 daringer gut gun (2).jpg 1840-50 daringer gut gun.jpg 1830's purfumer.jpg 1830's Purfumer from cellar.jpg 1830's Purfumer (2).jpg 1923 Standing Liberty.jpg 1923 Standing Liberty (2).jpg 6M 925 from Bulldog.jpg Bulldog with gems.jpg

Upvote 5
OP
OP
dawn7494

dawn7494

Aug 8, 2013
Clare County Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anybody could give me some input about the gun and the bull dog charm. I would greatly appreciate it. Or any input on any of my finds would be great. Thanks HH

capt-zero

Jul 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I would pass on that the item above the standing liberty and next to the pistol is what is called a vinagrette. They were used in the early 19th century and before due to the odiferous condition of cities prior to sanitized plumbing. If one passed by an offending location, one could hold the vinagrette to ones nose and get relief.

John_Deere

Mar 7, 2013
Fredericksburg
Detector(s) used
Personal: Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Family: White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat finds! Congrats and HH!

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey dawn7494!! Your pistol appears to be a 22 cal. single shot break open pocket pistol as ekeisler noted!! It broke open from the rear to extract the bullet and place another in the rear of the barrel. The rusted hinge actually let the barrel rotate upwards at the rear!! If you return to the site you found it, you might possibly find the remaining frame!! The top two items appear to be fired lead bullets, but obviously not from your pistol!! He He!! Interesting Finds!! CONGRATS!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

WINTERBEAR

Sep 20, 2012
eastern Wa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
kinda hard to see but I am not seeing a indentation in the shell casing rim indicating that the cartridge has been fired probably not much to worry about but if you are not a gun person and know how to deal with a live round please be cautious.
Chris

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent Point WINTERBEAR!! Certainly Does Not Appear to haven been fired!! Be VERY CAUTIOUS attempting to extract the round!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!! Appears to be a 22Short!!

Last edited:

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds!

OP
OP
dawn7494

dawn7494

Aug 8, 2013
Clare County Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the awesome info about the perfumer. I found it at an old cellar I found in the woods by me. I thought it was like a compact perfume. I wonder what it smelled like back then. Thanks again. HH. :occasion14:

OP
OP
dawn7494

dawn7494

Aug 8, 2013
Clare County Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Verde for the feedback on the gun. I'm definitely going back to spot I found it. See if I can find anything else. Do you know what the casing might have looked like. Give me a little idea what I might be looking for anyways. Thank you so much again. I'll post when I go out again and find something. :notworthy::notworthy:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dawn you have some awesome finds and for sure if i were you i would go back to the cellar..Good luck and enjoy..

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had a great hunt Dawn. Congrats...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions