had my 3 leg buffalo looked at ......

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Cool nickle,who just said in a post that if they offer to double the $$$$$$$$$?HH

nick1878

Feb 7, 2005
SE Indiana
Yeah dealers only offer up to 40% of the value of a coin. Unless he wants it for his collection I would get a second opinion. Thats a great find. Looking forward to seeing the pics

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nick1878 said:
Yeah dealers only offer up to 40% of the value of a coin. Unless he wants it for his collection I would get a second opinion. Thats a great find. Looking forward to seeing the pics

Coins are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

Just because a book says they're worth x amount doesn't mean they are actually worth what that book says they're worth. You can try to sell your coin/s for what a book says they're worth but, if no one offers more than 75% of that suggested worth, then, that's all you'll get for it/them.

Dealers will offer "buy price" for a coin.. If they offer $600 - that means the "ask price" for that same coin in a dealers shop would/should be approx. 25% higher on avg.

The dealer needs to make money to keep his coin shop open, pay the bills, etc. and who knows how long the coin will sit there before someone comes in and actually buys it (and usually for less than it's marked) because EVERYONE wants and tries to get a "deal", so, the dealer ends up making less than his "hoped for" 25% to begin with, plus, he may have waited 2 months to a yr or more to sell the coin.

People have too many over-blown ideas that dealers get all their coins at unheard of prices, and then make ungodly money off of them.

The "reality is" that even in the world of coin dealing -- "There is NO get rich quick" and there's less money being made on coins than MOST people think there is..

OP
OP
williefire

williefire

Feb 11, 2005
Statesboro Georgia
Sorry, I ve been away for a while with my job but all is fine now and back at good ol Ft. Stewart. yes i still have the coin and I will put pix on here soon as I can do it, maybe tommorow. It really is a super coin.....No, I didnt find it but my Father gave it to me for my 40 th birthday this year.I would never sell it now.....
Ive got a real horror story to tell about another great find ............ go to the antiques and collectible forum and look under collectibles. I need a shoulder to cry on... :(

Williefire

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions