JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hi everyone. All the stuff I post was found in the last 3 yrs. I'm a few weeks shy of turning 24 here. So I'm younge to most of the treasure hunters I meet. I like to hunt old park woods alot. 100 years or older. I live in p.a an history is rich everywere. All the stuff is found in p.a. Mostly in the city of Pittsburgh were I live. If you travel just about anywere out of the city in p.a and treasure is alot easier to find. Alot of people here in the city doing it. They didn't get it all obviously but still nothing seems to come easy. When i get the chances to get out of the city during the summer time. I go out to old farm houses and get permission to hunt them. Then I look around for abandoned farm homes. There abundant out of the city. When I get older and my kids are grown I plan on doing some treasure hunting on a more serious level. The more time I have the more I can find right. I like to look at old maps to. Try and find cellar holes old school houses and forts. Basically any thing I read or my mind looks at and thinks is old I detect. Give me 30 more yrs and we'll see. Might be writing some books or writing colums for treasure hunting magazines or something. I really like to metal detect. It's been fun since I ever picked one up. If I keep with it I'll have something one day. Hope this helps to understand me more as a treasure hunter.

HH Jeremy

M

minelabex1000

The finds are soooooooooo cool!

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

ex

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
No problem. Glad you all liked them.

HH Jer

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks Sparkymaster. Hard to keep this pace up. But for some reason when a spot runs out I just fall into another one for some reason. I guess experience and what to look for you get after doing it for thousands of hours. You'll see more of me here in the future. If I can help anyone out here in the hobby I will. Just drop me a line if you got any questions.

Good Luck Jer

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana
Nice finds. In the first picture, lower left is a stud or rivet looking thing above the necklace. I found two of these yesterday in an old graveyard. Any idea what they are?

archmjr

Jan 24, 2005
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1270X/Whites 6000 & 5900 Di Pro SL/CZ-6a
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow! That is a great assortment of brass, lead and copper. There are some really cool things mixed in there. It amazes me how much you can look at and still not have a clue as to what it is. Good Job

Arch

GrantWA

Feb 27, 2005
Leon and Jeff, that white washer looking thing with the bar across the middle is the female side of a Dzus fastener. They are used on Aircraft to keep cowlings and such that need to be opened and closed often yet stay secure when closed. The bar will be made of a spring steel so that it can keep pressure on the notch in the slot of the male part of the fastener to keep it closed.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys. The things your talking about that are about the size of a half dollar with the bar type of thing in the middle is a weight for a woman's dress. There would be a little slit somewere to hold them. So the wind wouldn't blow the blouse up. I have several of them in various sizes. So that is what I am told. More than a few people have said the same thing also. Don't know if you guys are familiar with the lead little squares they put in the bottom of blinds. It's to keep them secure down and tight. Sort of like the same thing with the dresses. Hope this helps.

Good Luck Jer

clump63

Mar 1, 2005
central Indiana
Its right next to the white dress thing they are talking about to the left. Its hollow inside like a thimble and too big, I think, for a pellet.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
GrantWA said:
Leon and Jeff, that white washer looking thing with the bar across the middle is the female side of a Dzus fastener.? They are used on Aircraft to keep cowlings and such that need to be opened and closed often yet stay secure when closed.? The bar will be made of a spring steel so that it can keep pressure on the notch in the slot of the male part of the fastener to keep it closed.
I did a search for Dzus Fasteners,,, I didn't find any of this type, but I see how it could work...
Any idea on the age of these types?,,, Mine was found at a local park, here in Indy...
Also, seen your reply Jeff, I forgot to do a search fo dress, or curtin weights before I posted... will have to check that out...
Thats one of my favorite things about this hobby, is trying to figure out what it is that you have found....
Thanks guys...

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Thanks guys, I would say these weights date 50 to 100 yrs old. I find all mine at old sites. They are heavy and made of lead. They look like some type of colonial button when you first dig them. I was on a hunt with a club last year hunting with permision a old haunted jail in west Virginia. I turned one up there. Then a bunch of 30 yr vets said they were used on woman's dresses. Even the women detectorist said the same thing. They were in there 60's if I had to guess a age. I think that site dated to the 1870's. Hope this helps a little more. It's always great to try and identify something. Not only do you learn something you actually bring it to life again.

HH Jeremy

GrantWA

Feb 27, 2005
If that white thing is the size of a dollar like JerDFX said it is not a Dzus fastener piece, I have only seen them about the size of a dime or smaller.

The reason I thought that other item was an air gun pellet was the lines along the bottom, which I remember many pellets having, and the fact that the end of it is flattened, just like a lead pellet does when shot into a peice of steel.

I guess they could be anything, because it appears as if many things look the same without having a size reference .

Sorry if I got everyone confused.

49er

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2005
Sun City, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites..MXT..GMT
JerDFX - Nice digs there and a very impressive assortment of items. I see that you found an old style match holder (box), could be worth a few cents, should check it out. Keep up the good work and pray for sun soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread