My silver Dime find

adamjnelson12

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new to this forum. I have a find that is special to me because it is what got me interested in coins. I was working a High School security detail 2 years ago and I was walking around the outside of the school one evening and shined my flashlight in the grass and saw a dime laying on the ground so I put it in my pocket. When I got home I looked at it and saw that it was a 1956d! I guess you can find silver anywhere. Now I look for coins everywhere I go because you never know what you might find. Anyways I just wanted to share that with you folks

Upvote 2

collins6542

Feb 12, 2017
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett AT Gold, SunRay X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Youll quickly become addicted to this site as I have... I just got a metal detector and my first silver find was a dime (profile pic) and ever since, im excited to see what other things in can find... it makes me feel at times like an archeologist (without the degree)

OP
OP
A

adamjnelson12

Tenderfoot
Apr 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an old radio shack metal detector from when I was a kid but have never really used it. I tried it yesterday but it doesn't really detect much unless it's close to the surface. Eventually I'll upgrade to something else and become addicted

Primus Palus

Apr 3, 2017
Denver, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's funny... I used to disregard coins left and right. I could see a quarter on the ground and would pass it up without a second thought. Since detecting, I pick up every coin I see. Haha. You never know what you'll pick up now.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Addiction is good. Like the story of the dime. I went and got some halves from a teller this week, one was a 1942 Liberty Walking half.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread