Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 74
Like Tree353Likes

Thread: Lets See Your Top 4 Silver Finds

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #16

    Apr 2016
    South Western PA
    ACE 250 with DD coil
    1,193
    3277 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Not my oldest or most valuable, just 4 silvers that cleaned up real nice and are my favorites this year.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510183772.983730.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	926.5 KB 
ID:	1513809 Fun post!

  2. #17
    us
    Jul 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Fisher F75, Garrett AT Gold, XP Deus, Fisher 1270
    5,960
    4142 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    1797 and 1803 Draped Bust dimes
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Draped Bust Dimes Front.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	1513810Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Draped Bust Dimes Back.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	1513811

    2 Reale Cobs - Potosi, Bolivia and Lima, Peru
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CobFront.jpg.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	1513813Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cob Front.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	1513814

    1661 Hammered Hungarian King Leopold (found with this 1708 Charles the Pretender cut 2 reale)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3027.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	1513817Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3035.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	1513819

    Honorable mention Spanish Pillar style 8 reale cut in half (center of pic)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spanish All - 1.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	1513818
    Last edited by Steve in PA; Nov 08, 2017 at 06:51 PM.
    Spanish Silver Totals
    Cut Pieces = 18
    Half Reals = 29
    1 Reals = 11
    2 Reales = 6
    8 Reales = 1
    2 Reale Cobs = 2
    Other Early Silver Coins
    1797 & 1803 Draped Bust Dimes
    1830 Capped Bust 5 cents
    1827 Capped Bust dime
    1661 Hammered silver King Leopold
    1697 William III 6-pence
    Rev War Buttons
    3rd Battalion PA, Hartley's Regiment, USA, (4) 18th Royal Irish, (2) Rattlesnake & Stars

  3. #18

    Apr 2016
    South Western PA
    ACE 250 with DD coil
    1,193
    3277 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    1797 and 1803 Draped Bust dimes
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Draped Bust Dimes Front.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	1513810Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Draped Bust Dimes Back.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	1513811

    2 Reale Cobs - Potosi, Bolivia and Lima, Peru
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CobFront.jpg.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	1513813Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cob Front.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	1513814

    1661 Hammered Hungarian King Leopold (found with this 1708 Charles the Pretender cut 2 reale)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3027.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	138.5 KB 
ID:	1513817Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3035.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	1513819

    Honorable mention Spanish Pillar style 8 reale cut in half (center of pic)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spanish All - 1.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	1513818
    Steve, man, top 4 only... but an absolutely amazing display of silvers...

  4. #19
    us
    Jul 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Fisher F75, Garrett AT Gold, XP Deus, Fisher 1270
    5,960
    4142 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by pa-dirt_nc-sand View Post
    Steve, man, top 4 only... but an absolutely amazing display of silvers...
    I know right? But once I get started...........
    Spanish Silver Totals
    Cut Pieces = 18
    Half Reals = 29
    1 Reals = 11
    2 Reales = 6
    8 Reales = 1
    2 Reale Cobs = 2
    Other Early Silver Coins
    1797 & 1803 Draped Bust Dimes
    1830 Capped Bust 5 cents
    1827 Capped Bust dime
    1661 Hammered silver King Leopold
    1697 William III 6-pence
    Rev War Buttons
    3rd Battalion PA, Hartley's Regiment, USA, (4) 18th Royal Irish, (2) Rattlesnake & Stars

  5. #20

    Sep 2013
    42
    75 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    bit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23283572_1687073451324861_635956193_n.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	1513966
    1760 or 1769 can read the first 3 digit with magnifying glass only
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23232158_1687073467991526_2020896110_n.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	1513968
    1835 quarter
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	23231885_1687073441324862_1139130398_n.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	1513969

    and yes I know my camera sucks

  6. #21
    us
    Apr 2014
    White's MXT Pro / Garrett AT Gold
    219
    412 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Great post! My Top Four silver finds as of this date are the following:

    #1 - 1652 Pine Tree Shilling (Noe 16)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19510667_10209444879942531_5497550903349793760_n.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	1513989

    #2 - Solid Silver Colonial Knee Buckle
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	384233_10208271508770262_3987088805012236098_n.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	1513990

    #3 - 1856-O Half Dime
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11990548_10204967694695698_5018023044131393928_n.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	1513993

    #4 Sterling cuff-link with Fleur de lis
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12744093_10205831903300373_4353829125469246613_n.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	1513994
    White's MXT Pro / Garrett AT Gold

  7. #22
    us
    Oct 2013
    Topsham, Maine
    Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
    7,888
    7310 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie B from VA View Post
    Great post! My Top Four silver finds as of this date are the following:

    #1 - 1652 Pine Tree Shilling (Noe 16)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19510667_10209444879942531_5497550903349793760_n.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	1513989

    #2 - Solid Silver Colonial Knee Buckle
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	384233_10208271508770262_3987088805012236098_n.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	70.7 KB 
ID:	1513990

    #3 - 1856-O Half Dime
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11990548_10204967694695698_5018023044131393928_n.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	1513993

    #4 Sterling cuff-link with Fleur de lis
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12744093_10205831903300373_4353829125469246613_n.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	1513994
    That silver buckle makes me very very jealous. I've found well over 20 shoe buckles and never sniffed a fragment of a silver one. That knee buckle is amazing
    Davers and Loco-Digger like this.
    "Life which is lived without zest and adventure-is not life at all."
    -F.A. Mitchell-Hedges, British Explorer
    2017 BEST FINDS
    -1723 KG1
    -Colonial Cufflinks
    Oldest Coin To Date: 1652 Pine Tree Shilling NOE 29
    Colonial Silver To Date: 11
    Hammered Coins To Date: 1664 Potosi Mint COB
    1653 Copper Cob

  8. #23
    us
    Apr 2014
    White's MXT Pro / Garrett AT Gold
    219
    412 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahab8 View Post
    That silver buckle makes me very very jealous. I've found well over 20 shoe buckles and never sniffed a fragment of a silver one. That knee buckle is amazing
    It was my very first one. Talk about getting hooked on colonial relics!
    Davers and Loco-Digger like this.
    White's MXT Pro / Garrett AT Gold

  9. #24
    Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

    Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & Fisher F2 (loaner) Have had a TC 1023, Fisher F4, Whites Classic ID II, BH LRP, Tesoro Lobo, F70, F75 SE, & XP Deus.
    10,735
    15139 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Camera is fine, just your lighting that's off, Congrats on those beauties.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

  10. #25
    us
    May 2011
    1,228
    2381 times
    Great thread...but this is hard.
    My best four...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photostudio_1510403452784.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	1515394
    Name:  photostudio_1510507144521_PerfectlyClear.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  34.5 KB
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photostudio_1510506725025.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	273.6 KB 
ID:	1515397
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photostudio_1510408293118.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	213.1 KB 
ID:	1515400

    And some runner ups.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photostudio_1510509995241.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	1515401

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photostudio_1510509443880.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	1515402
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
    2018 Totals...$1.14!
    Currently hunting with an F70, a Mojave and a borrowed Red Racer.

  11. #26
    us
    Feb 2014
    Lowcountry, South Carolina
    CTX-3030, Deus XP, Garrett Pro Pointer
    2,876
    3648 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)
    This is an epic thread Abe... Let me get the camera out
    Loco-Digger likes this.
    2018 Best Coins

    -1721 Rosa Americana
    -1781 1 Real
    -1783 Nova Constellatio
    -1786 1/2 Real
    -1797 1 Real
    -1816 Large Cent
    -1859, 1888 IHP
    -1867 Shield Nickle

    Oldest Coin To Date: 1607 Philip III 1/2 Real Cob

    2018 Best Relics

    -82nd Regiment of Foot
    -1812 Rifleman Regiment
    -1660-1720 buckle
    -1500-1650 strap buckles
    -Pewter pipe fragment
    -SC militia button

  12. #27
    us
    Feb 2014
    Lowcountry, South Carolina
    CTX-3030, Deus XP, Garrett Pro Pointer
    2,876
    3648 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (3)
    Here's my top 4 silver finds

    1) 18th century Luckenbooth brooch

    Name:  brooch.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  16.2 KB

    2) Colonial jesuit ring

    Name:  ring.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  10.5 KB

    3) 2 Reale Cob

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150716_220543_resized.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	1515628

    4) Coin silver blood letter

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blood letter.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	246.1 KB 
ID:	1515629

    ...runner up... my first 2 milled Spanish

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spanish.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	289.2 KB 
ID:	1515630
    2018 Best Coins

    -1721 Rosa Americana
    -1781 1 Real
    -1783 Nova Constellatio
    -1786 1/2 Real
    -1797 1 Real
    -1816 Large Cent
    -1859, 1888 IHP
    -1867 Shield Nickle

    Oldest Coin To Date: 1607 Philip III 1/2 Real Cob

    2018 Best Relics

    -82nd Regiment of Foot
    -1812 Rifleman Regiment
    -1660-1720 buckle
    -1500-1650 strap buckles
    -Pewter pipe fragment
    -SC militia button

  13. #28
    us
    Jul 2017
    Turners Falls Ma
    Whites treasure pro
    115
    419 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510546772.051805.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	671.3 KB 
ID:	1515722Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510546787.037755.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	705.6 KB 
ID:	1515723Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510546803.840354.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	669.9 KB 
ID:	1515724Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510546818.680011.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	638.4 KB 
ID:	1515725

  14. #29
    us
    Apr 2014
    White's MXT Pro / Garrett AT Gold
    219
    412 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by VMI Digger View Post
    Here's my top 4 silver finds

    1) 18th century Luckenbooth brooch

    Name:  brooch.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  16.2 KB

    2) Colonial jesuit ring

    Name:  ring.jpg
Views: 268
Size:  10.5 KB

    3) 2 Reale Cob

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150716_220543_resized.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	1515628

    4) Coin silver blood letter

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blood letter.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	246.1 KB 
ID:	1515629

    ...runner up... my first 2 milled Spanish

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spanish.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	289.2 KB 
ID:	1515630
    Oh my gosh! Your top four are ALL Finds of a Lifetime!
    Loco-Digger and VMI Digger like this.
    White's MXT Pro / Garrett AT Gold

  15. #30
    us
    Dec 2006
    Colonial Virginia
    XP Deus Teknetics T2
    2,232
    1294 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (2)
    Great thread! All of the finds are spectacular and very inspiring.

 

 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Feb 02, 2014, 08:35 PM
  2. Replies: 33
    Last Post: Sep 16, 2012, 07:54 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: Oct 29, 2009, 09:53 PM
  4. Gold and Silver Finds 8/2/009 !!!!!! WARNING CONTAINS PICTURE OF FINDS !!!!!!!!
    By Treasure_Hunter in forum Beach and Shallow Water
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: Aug 03, 2009, 12:16 PM
  5. Replies: 29
    Last Post: Jan 02, 2008, 06:04 PM

Search tags for this page

news

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0