psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to All:

? ? ?I'm new to the forum and still fairly new to detecting (just over a year now). Just wanted to drop in and share one of my better fines. I want to post a few other things in hopes of getting help with identification or at least pointed in the right direction so I can identify them myself. I look forward to your responses and becoming a regular here at the forum.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Thanks
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?psgen

Attachments

• 1817 Coronet Type Large Cent.jpg
    1817 Coronet Type Large Cent.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 705
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
:o WOW !! that is awesome!! now you have to tell us the story of how and where you found it. what detector do you use? and how deep was it? that is an excellent find!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello psgen, & Welcome to the forum!
That is an awesome find,,, WTG!!!
Good luck & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
psgen

psgen

Apr 25, 2005
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 - White's Spectra V3i - White's XLT - Minelab Excaliber II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: One of My better Finds: The Story

Well, there is not much to tell. I use a White's Classic III Detector, nothing to fancy. I was searching in my sister's property, a bluff that over looks the lake here in upstate New York. The area is supposed to have been a big tourist area in the 20's, so I thought it might be a good place to find some older coins. The area also had a great deal of activity during the War of 1812. I never could have guessed that I'd find anything this exciting. Previous to this find,? I had only recovered a few wheat's and some modern clad coinage on the property. I found this beauty in about 3" of soil in the middle of the driveway. people have been driving over it for years. In close proximity I also found some relics. A brass button believed to be off a War of 1812 military uniform and a razor / table knife believed to be from the same era. See Pics below. Thank you all for the kind welcome. I look forward to sharing and learning.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Happy Diggin

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? psgen

Attachments

• Razor or Table knife.jpg
    Razor or Table knife.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 616
  • Colonial Button .jpg
    Colonial Button .jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 609

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice LC. I have been detecting for years now and have yet to find a LC. Congrats!! HH

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Welcome,your off to one heck of a start.You have two finds that i havent dug yet.Look forward to more.HH

twister

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2005
Springfield, MO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome To The Forum. I Find Great Deals Of Usefull Information Here.
You Finds Are Great. Keep Up The Great Digging. HH

Twister

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome, psgen. That's a great coin. My only pre-1900 coin is a large cent, too. 1847. Our mid-priced White's detectors can find good coins, too!! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread