OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
Thanks, when I was young I had to check oil tank levels on several of our leases and the rattlesnakes were always under or near the tank batteries. We first hunted the snakes and then checked the levels.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow the bottom right must have been a big one :o

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
Believe me, they all are big when they are at your ankles. We once went snake hunting and came to a den on the side of a rough and rocky hill. We could hear them buzzing at us but couldn't see them. Thats an eerie feeling. Dont remember how many we pulled out but it was a bunch. We sold them to the local rattlesnake roundup.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Several big ones! Diamond back or timber rattlers? I almost stepped on a diamond back in our veggie garden a couple of years ago. He was sunning and I saw him before he saw me. Still sends chills through me when I think of how close I came to stepping on him.

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
I apologize if I have offended anyone. If I have please PM me and I will remove this topic or have the moderators do it.
I only wanted to show off one of my collections.

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
All of these were killed for safety reasons. There are so many around here that you have to be careful walking in the pasture. We have even killed some on our porch. They are all Diamondbacks. They are very pretty as you mentioned TT and I really dont go out just to kill the snakes but when me or something else is threatened I do kill them. We've lost lots of livestock to them.
Thanks for your comments.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
!1

Nice collection.....

I agree, if it's me or them.....it won't be me...that's for sure!!!

We only have garden snakes in our yard...those scare me...ALL SNAKES creep me out....in our yard...I just walk away until it leaves and then continue....we have baby ones...but we also have some pretty good size ones. I took a pic of one from my garage door window...it was sitting right there...I could not go into the back yard.... >:(....

We use to have Water Mocassions in our creek (before we moved in)...but the folks that lived here before and the neighbors were able to get rid of them...GOOD!!! I can deal with the garden ones as they aren't poisionous..but I would not handle a water mocassion very well!

We have variations of gardners too...and some of them have pretty colors....we have also seen a few rat snakes...they are almost chocolate color!.....I welcome them...I hope they get all the VOLES in our yard!!!!

Again nice collection!

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
when I first moved to WA. state I was told there were no snakes. Was hiking in eastern Wa & to my surprise there was the biggest rattler hoggin the path. I found a way around him, but I didn't sleep to well that night. I don't believe anyone any more when it comes to things like that.
another time I was collecting flowers in a very high pass in Colorado I thought it would be too cold for snakes, but just as I was about to bend down to pick a columbine that old familiar warning song began. I slowly backed away, and went home with a pathetically small bouquet.

OP
OP
acedigger

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
Around here we mostly have Rattlers and Copperheads. Seems like most snakes here are poisonous. There are the regular garden snakes and chicken snakes that won't bother you. The cottonmouths on the other hand are very aggressive and will chase you.
When I was young my grandfather would catch different types of snakes and spiders to teach us the difference between the good and bad creatures. I really learned alot from him.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
acedigger said:
Around here we mostly have Rattlers and Copperheads. Seems like most snakes here are poisonous. There are the regular garden snakes and chicken snakes that won't bother you. The cottonmouths on the other hand are very aggressive and will chase you.
When I was young my grandfather would catch different types of snakes and spiders to teach us the difference between the good and bad creatures. I really learned alot from him.

That was great what your grandfather did....my hubby doesn't catch things...but if they run across creatures...he will teach our boys about them...ME? Oh, I wait in the car!!! LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread