Morning visitor

SomeGuy

Jun 26, 2005
Ramapirate said:
"There won't be any left..." Please tell me nobody still believes that. I saw one today on the way to work that had just been hit and killed on a major road going through south Charlotte, N.C. I see them laying around hit all the time and Charlotte isn't a place out in the sticks. We were going to the car one Sunday morning on the way to church and there were 6 in my back yard. I have a little over 1/2 acre in South Charlotte with no major woods anywhere near me. They are WAY overpopulated. People need to hunt them a lot more than they currently do and people need to respect the rights of those who do hunt.

HH,
Ramapirate

Or they could try the California solution. When faced with an overpopulation of deer on Angel Island, rather than sell permits for a special limited bow hunt, they decided to spend tax dollars to implant birth control devices in the does.

And they wonder why they're going bankrupt.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes and the Kalifornia experiment didn't work either! I saw that on TV about a year ago. I respect the rights of those who do not choose to hunt. What I don't respect is those who do not chose to hunt but put out false information about hunting and interfere with my hunting activities. I'm sure hurthawk heard that hunters were killing them all off somewhere and actually believed it. That's what the rabid anti-hunting bunch does best, spread false information. Hurthawk if you choose not to be a hunter that is fine with me but don't buy into the trash talk of the PETA group. Their premise is based on false information and playing on the "Bambi" syndrome. Some of them actually espouse valueing animal lives over human beings. Maybe I am preaching to the choir but it is a topic I know the truth about. Sorry if I offended anyone. Monty

Huntr1

Oct 26, 2005
Mechanicsville, MD
gametalman52 said:
Beautiful deer! The limit in Georgia is 10 per person, of which 8 can be does. We have too many.
In Maryland, if you hunt all seasons, limit out in all of them, hunting in just region B (most of the state), you can harvest 36 deer. 30 doe and 6 bucks.

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Maryland, if you hunt all seasons, limit out in all of them, hunting in just region B (most of the state), you can harvest 36 deer. 30 doe and 6 bucks.

Yep, that sounds about right. Anybody want to bring me some deer burgers, or
deer summer sausage or deer jerky (my absolute favorite), feel free. I don't hunt, but I'm super cool with those who do. More of my
relatives hunt than don't hunt. I brake for animals, but I also eat them and wear
their skins with no hesitation whatsoever. That's what they are here for. I eat more
cow than deer, but if I had to shoot a cow to have a steak, I'd be right there.
BOOM!
And what gets me, a lot of the animal activist are also pro-choice.

Peace and love,
Ramapirate

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yummy, after seeing that nice muley I had to get some speed beef bologna out of the freezer. It goes nicely with cheese and a chilly Yuengling Lager. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hal

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
PETA stands for "People Easting Tasty Animals" here in Michigan.

That is a great Muley!
I have taken a 7 point buck here in Michigan last week. I intend to take another this weekend if I can place myself within a couple of hundred yards of a buck.

HH
Mark

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mpostma said:
I have taken a 7 point buck here in Michigan last week. I intend to take another this weekend if I can place myself within a couple of hundred yards of a buck.

HH
Mark

Well that sounds simple enough....right?? :wink: Those of us who know how tough that really is, wish you luck!!! :thumbsup:

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Thank you. As those of you that hunt know, I will need it!

Wishing Good Luck to all you hunters out there! One shot, one kill. If you shoot it, eat it.

HH
Mark

OP
OP
H

hurthawk

Jan 16, 2008
Tuolumne county Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Falcon MD20
Garrett 1500
Fisher F2
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Monty...I think you were referring to the post by coin finder rather than my own.
I am a hunter and have been one for 50 years. I respect the rights of those who choose not to hunt as long as they do not attempt to legislate my right to own a firearm or put meat on my table.

Fishenfool

Feb 28, 2008
Salem, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, V3, BH
just spent 7 days and hiked about a hundred miles elk hunting and got nuthin but an empty freezer but had a great time in the woods. just love being out there.

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
coin finder said:
Not enough Food in the store ? if you keep killing the (DEER) there will be none (Left... >:( >:( >:( >:( :( :( :(

Coin Finder,

You need to put your money where your mouth is. I would like to know how much of your hard earned money you have put towards wildlife management. I'm sure it's not much if any at all. While hunting includes the killing of prey, over the last century there has emerged strict sets of regulations (administered state-by-state by wildlife agencies) to limit the hunters' take of an animal and a voluntary code of ethics that includes making sure that animals don't suffer unnecessarily as a result of anything the hunter may do. Hunters have also worked hard and dramatically improved their safety record over the last 50 years, making hunting one of the safest outdoor activities. Also, hunters and anglers purchase licenses, stamps and tags and the license fees go to manage fish and wildlife. This user-paid method of paying for wildlife management is part of the "North American Model of Wildlife Management." This model holds that wildlife agencies hold wildlife in the public trust for the benefit of all citizens. In addition hunters donate hundreds of millions of dollars and hundreds of thousands of hours of their time to undertake projects that benefit game animals and all wildlife.
Just one question. What have you done?

KG6YLL

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Stopped in Western Ga for a quick visit with the grandkids. The deer are everywhere. (and not floating either) Well, not exactly everywhere, they were staying in the campground and out of the woods during hunting season. It's funny, the campsite is a block or two away from a game cleaning station which stays pretty empty. I think the deer have this all figured out.

What is the present market value for one hundred female pigs and one hundred male deer?

Answer below

The girls.jpg

A: Two hundred sows and bucks.

Attachments

• The boss.jpg
    The boss.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 352
  • Breakfast.jpg
    Breakfast.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 356

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
coin finder said:
Not enough Food in the store ? if you keep killing the (DEER) there will be none (Left... >:( >:( >:( >:( :( :( :(

i dont know what part of the country you live in but if you lived around here you would realize how ridiculous this statement is. deer are EVERYWHERE. there are far more than the food supply and acreage can sustain. what is more humane, leaving them to starve and get hit on the roads,or having a controlled hunt to thin the population?

OP
OP
H

hurthawk

Jan 16, 2008
Tuolumne county Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Falcon MD20
Garrett 1500
Fisher F2
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lunch visitors in my backyard........

OP
OP
H

hurthawk

Jan 16, 2008
Tuolumne county Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Falcon MD20
Garrett 1500
Fisher F2
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
New addition to the herd this morning.....he wanted to share my muffin and coffee. This guy has a neck the size of an NFL tackle!
Rick

Attachments

• RBD 1 12-3-2008 9-52-21 AM 3264x2448.JPG
    RBD 1 12-3-2008 9-52-21 AM 3264x2448.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 265
  • RBD 2 12-3-2008 9-49-49 AM 3264x2448.JPG
    RBD 2 12-3-2008 9-49-49 AM 3264x2448.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 263
  • RBD 3 12-3-2008 9-49-28 AM 3264x2448.JPG
    RBD 3 12-3-2008 9-49-28 AM 3264x2448.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 257

Old_Okie

Jun 14, 2007
A question, as you are on the other side of the Rockies. I have seen a few of the posts call this a mule deer. Is it? or is it a blacktail?

Old_Okie

OP
OP
H

hurthawk

Jan 16, 2008
Tuolumne county Ca
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug II
Falcon MD20
Garrett 1500
Fisher F2
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Old Oakie..
I am in California near the entrance to Yosemite. These are mule deer....the only other deer I have seen in Calif. are the coastal deer which run much smaller in size.
Rick

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread