WONT believe this!!!!

bkraw2000

Oct 15, 2008
Muskego WI
Detector(s) used
garrett gta x550
This is a pic from my vacation home. I was out in the boat when a Bald Eagle swooped down to get a fish out of the water only about 20 feet from me. As you can see, the fish was too heavy for the eagle to lift out of the water. It took 10 mins. but the eagle swam to shore holding the fish the entire time..

Attachments

• Picture 243.jpg
    Picture 243.jpg
    271.9 KB · Views: 834
OP
OP
bkraw2000

bkraw2000

Oct 15, 2008
Muskego WI
Detector(s) used
garrett gta x550
wish I had a video camera with me. The fish ended up being about a 24 or so inch northern pike.

Attachments

• Picture 288.jpg
    Picture 288.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 764

quaidmon

Apr 8, 2007
New Jersey
That is too cool! I didn't know eagles could swim. About 15 years ago an osprey took a fish about 50 feet from my canoe. I thought that was awsome until I saw your pics.

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics & story.

Fossis.....................

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
That is awesome! One thing on my "Bucket List" is to see a bald eagle somewhere in the wild.

dirt diva

Jul 4, 2008
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
CZ 7 pro quick silver CZ 70 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! :wav:
You should enter a photography contest,with that pic YOU are the winner :notworthy:

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That is amazing! We get plenty of bald eagles near our home every winter, they like the old dam. I've never in my life seen one swim tho!

Mike_of_Tenn

Nov 19, 2008
White Bluff, TN
Detector(s) used
MineLab X-Terra 70
AWESOME!!! Thanks for share'n!

Quick lil story:

2 years ago My kids, my new wifes oldest son, and his GF were drive'n around hear in TN one Sunday. We were following a well known creek, when my wifes's oldest son's GF screamed-out "Is that an Eagle?!" we all looked and there sitting on a branch that went out over the water was the prettiest sight I have ever seen in my life! A big "Bald Eagle"! Not 30 yards away.. I stopped the car and we sat there for 3 minutes or so b4 another car came behind us and we had to get going but all of us were pointing out the windows so they could see it too. They stopped so I knew they saw it.
I really wish we would have had a camera! But just the fact that my kids got to see the magnificent bird was good enough. They will probably never see another in their life...

Anyways thanks for the cool pic, I saved it! :thumbsup:

Mike

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic pictures :thumbsup: talk about being in the right place at the right time, I was once walking with my dog in long grass on a windy day when a pheasant broke cover and took off only to be plucked out of the air at about four feet by a Red Fox who then turned and looked at me with the pheasant in his mouth, and then just casually strolled off, if only I had been lucky enough like you to have had my camera on me :'( GREAT POST :thumbsup:

OP
OP
bkraw2000

bkraw2000

Oct 15, 2008
Muskego WI
Detector(s) used
garrett gta x550
The picture was taken in northern WI. Bald Eagles have become a common sight over the last 20 years. I even saw that an Eagle built a nest by my house in southern WI. The population just keeps growing. (What a GREAT thing) The more the population Grows, the further south the eagles seem to live. They are an amazing sight and it stays amazing every time I see one. At my vacation home in N. WI, there have been times when I will see 5 or 6 Eagles at a time. I think everyone needs to see one in the wild at least once in their lives.. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• Picture 282.jpg
    Picture 282.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 204

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread