My new buddy

EddieR

Mar 1, 2005
Madisonville, TN
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, MXT,..Tesoro Vaquero, Silver UMax, Compadre, Tejon,..BH LandRanger..Pioneer 505.. GC1023..Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000, Eurotek Pro..Fisher F2, F4, F5, F70

Attachments

• Fuji pics 010.jpg
    Fuji pics 010.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 383

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
EddieR, a long time ago when I was young, we had a couple of baby raccoons that were kept inside. I think dad got them out of a hollow stump in the swamp. When they grew a little bigger, they got into everything. It is incredible what they are capable of doing/destroying in a house. Didn't take them long to get kicked out and they soon left for their own adventure. If it becomes tame enough to handle, it should provide you with some amusing memories. They are incredibly inquisitive animals.

john

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We had one at a place I worked years ago. They make good pets.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had one many years ago raise him and let him go after he got big. He hung around the house for a year or so and would play tag with me. I would run and he would come after me and grab me around my leg. Love that little guy. He disappear one day and came back one time after he was gone for 6 months and then he was gone never saw him again...Matt

DanBo

Jan 7, 2009
Red Bluff, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheetos! That's the only way to go. They can't resist the incredible crunch and cheesy flavor! :icon_study:
However, I must warn you. I am working for a telephone company and have go to many'a houses where coons have done damage to the wires under the house. You might want to be sure your crawl space is sealed up nice or your going to be wishing you were aiming a .22 Cal. instead of a 35mm. ;D

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever seen a Coon get mad and fight? Even though they seem calm and peaceful, they can fight their butts off. My brother used to go coon hunting in La, and I used to go along once in a while. I saw a coon just tear and shred his dog to pieces.

Another time I worked in a cabinet shop and every once in a while we would have them in the offices and warehouse they were at. I think after I made a long stick with some rope as a snare the fist time after I just started working for the company. I would always be the one who ended up getting them out, as everyone else was afraid to do so. I did have 2 of them that when backed in a corner or blocked off, they become AGGRESSIVE FIGHTERS! We looked all over the place in every nook and cranny, roof, etc. We never could find how they were getting into the building.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've known two people that had them as pets. Both ended up getting bitten, quite severely, by their "pets". I'm sure some have managed to raise them without problems but, personally, I wouldn't take the chance. They can be a liability if they bite your friends. :wink:

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
We've had a few that ate out of our hands but never desired to let one in the house. Eggs drive them crazy. A little peanut butter on bread will get them to your hand quickly. In one case, a particular female brought her little ones around when it was time for her to move them out. She'd try to leave them with us, hissing, biting and getting mean if they attempted to follow her away. We didn't want them anymore than she did.

When I was little and we had chickens it was a different story, beat 'em with a shovel and chase 'em off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions