Hello from bagdad

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
Hello everyone, I thought i would say hi from the sand box. I just got here in January :( Only 11 months to go :-\ here is a pic if my new ride. This is a max pro plus. It can take a hit from an ied like a champ. And a pic of little old me. I am have my m-4 with an acog site. I am the asst. convoy commander and i ride in the last truck oh yeah that's also the most dangerous spot because they always try to hit the last truck lucky me

Attachments

• my_ride.jpg
    my_ride.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 343
  • me.jpg
    me.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 338
S

seger98

Welcome to TreasureNet! That's one cool ride ya got there. Thanks for your service, man......

Also, greetings from a fellow Wisconsinite!

Chris

Idig4beer

Dec 23, 2007
Lebanon, oregon
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter-Fortune Hunter
From an old Vietnam Vet, Thanks for your service an stay safe.Hope your 11 months go fast and get back to the states.Idig :thumbsup:

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
That looks like a cool ride and thank you for serving our country. Be safe and keep in touch.

TommNJ

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
That is one awesome ride you have there. Stay safe and I hope the year goes fast so you can come home. Thank you for your service. We will be praying for you and your family while you are over there.

OP
OP
Mentalfloss

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
Here is a pic of my crew. I try to take a pic every time before we go out the wire on a mission.

Attachments

• my_crew.jpg
    my_crew.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 330

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Can I borrow that ride, I have a few places in the inner city I would love to hunt? Thanks to you and your fellow comrades for the wonderful job you are doing for this country ( much more than I can say about the DINKS running it ) ;D..........NGE

davidtn

Dec 14, 2005
Tennessee
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport, Eurotek Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are awesome pictures. Thanks so much for sharing them with us and most importanly thank YOU for your service!

panelman

Mar 2, 2008
Northern WI.
Detector(s) used
Bounty HunterIV / Garrett GTI 2500
Proud to meet you my fellow Wisconsinite!!! Thanks for your service. What part of the state ya from, I'm up by Antigo. There is a few of us up this way that would be honored to take ya out for a day of detecting and the local pub when ya get back.
Panelman

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_pirat: Ahoy Young Brother, Thanks for keeping us safe back here from another old Nam Vet. I also run covoys as the last truck. Back in our day it was a wrecker to pick up any breakdowns or shot up vehicles. I like your ride a lot better than the one they gave me. NICE ARMOR! Be safe young Brother and all of you come home alive. Here is a picture of us in "67".

Attachments

• Bmore 069.jpg
    Bmore 069.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 285

swampfox

Feb 19, 2007
orangeburgh,south carolina
Detector(s) used
ace 250 and others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
best of luck to a fellow vet. iwas in the desert storm war. mine was just for three months. stay safe and come back the same as u went. thanks for the great job.u and ur buddies are doing over there. thnks again. swampfox

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:wave:Hello to you too! Thanks for sharing these pics with us. I still think the wedding day photo is my all time favorite shot of you. Stay safe...salute to you and the troops.

:wink: RR

Thankyoumilitary.jpg

Attachments

• Thankyoumilitary.jpg
    Thankyoumilitary.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 209

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your service, all of you stay safe.

Fossis.............

PJ in WI

Mar 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250
Hello fellow Wisconsinite. I retired from the army in 99. Your ride looks awesome. Who makes it? What part of Wi are you from? Good luck, be safe and your 11 months will go quickly. Thank you for your service and God Bless.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
From another Old Viet Vet, I'll toss one back for you and your crew! Stay safe and don't do anything stupid. LOL As if you have a choice. Hang in there Brother, eleven months go by fast. Glad to see your in the !st Cav. Div. I did two tours in Nam with them 66-67 with the 1/12 Cav, 68-69 with the 1/7 Cav. Best fun I've ever had!

Desertfox

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ghost ride that whip,YO ::)

wi glenn

Greenie
May 29, 2006
abbotsford wi
Detector(s) used
whites- dfx - whites 6000sl pro plus- and 6000pro plus
hello from abbotsford wi thank you for your sevice. my brothers son is on his second tour over there stay safe . its 4 degrees outside and headed down from there.

OP
OP
Mentalfloss

Mentalfloss

May 9, 2006
Oahu, Hawaii
I just want to say thank you all for the comments it really means a lot to me and mostly to my guys here. Its nice to get support from other people back in the world other then family. This point in the war there isn't as much support over here as there was in the beginning. lots of guys feel kind of forgoton. To all the vets and to all that have served the armed forces let me say thank you. To the Wisconsinites, i just want to say there is nothing like Wisconsin. I LOVE THAT STATE. I am from Edgerton just south of Madison my wife is from Black River Falls, that place is beautiful and is where i want to hang my hat. I have included more pics one is of going throw a bad bad part of bagdad and we were not welcome there, you should of seen the people looking or should i say glaring at us. The other pic is of an up armor RV. This is what you need open day of deer hunting when all the state of Ill is in Wisconsin hunting. And the other is my girl Madison. and yes named her after Madison Wisconsin. I got here when i got to fort hood and she is now in Wisconsin in black river falls loving the snow.

Attachments

• trouble_town.jpg
    trouble_town.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 241
  • rv.jpg
    rv.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 225
  • DOG_1.jpg
    DOG_1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 234
M

MiniMe

Great pictures....Thanks for your service and to all our soldiers over there. My son is currently in Balad, Iraq....got there in September and will hopefully be coming home soon. Take care and be safe....Salute!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread