fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking Guitar, I can only play the 'unamplified type', (bad ears), from chain saws & Army guns. :'(

Fossis..............

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pic pretty guitar! and pretty scenery! Post the same pic when we cn see the greenery! ;D

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pic pretty guitar! and pretty scenery! Post the same pic when we cn see the greenery! ;D

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice ax, I cant tell if its a Gibson or Carvin. I play a Fender Tellacaster.

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Looks like a Les Paul Custom, but hard to tell, I have a wine red studio verision.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fender, Gibson, Les Paul, why are you exposing it to the elements, or are you shoveling snow with it?? Nice view and scenery, and guitar! TTC

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello. Rginn.

Man, looks like you still have too much of that white stuff, yet, According to the weather map
I saw this evening , colorado got hit with a heck of a snowstorm.I hope it didn't add to what you
already have at your house.

Nice pic, Keep warm,

Ray

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a Xaviere brand, an obvious LP copy. I was over at the music store and he just got it in and I thought it was really pretty, with that maple finish. It was cheap at $350, so I bought it. The tone is very similar to a Gibson and it STAYS IN TUNE. I have a strat and it seems to wander a little. All my guitars are beat up. This is merely one way I test them. Take em up to 11,000 feet in a blizzard and see if they stay in tune. First song? Well, when I finally got electric, it was 'House of the Rising Sun', the Frijid Pink version. I still got a Vox Wah-wah pedal somewhere around here, too.

Dirty WhiteBoy

Apr 21, 2009
Seminole, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX fine jewelery extraction device
RGINN, You are a man of many talents! :icon_scratch: Nice to see you got music in ya too! :thumbsup: I can play a G, C, and D cord! :tard: I can play "Hang on Sloopy" for like 9 hours! ::) I am musically retarded! :tard: I once had the police called on me for a peace disturbance for attempting to play a song! ;D I guess that means my pickin sux! :'( Some people just should never touch a guitar and I am one of them! :crybaby2: So is it rock and roll, country, or blues? ???

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I would've sworn that I posted in this one already. It must've poofed instead of posted. Forgot what I said already.

Nice looking gidfiddle!

A Les Paul is one I desire, if you say the copy is nearly as good as an original, I'll keep that in mind.

Have a Fender and a Peavey, need a Gibson too.

Don't know if you happen to watch Nascar. In the Nationwide (former Busch series) race last week, Kyle Busch won the race at Nashville. The trophy was a Sam Bass custom design Gibson Les Paul, Busch took one quick look at it in victory lane then whacked it on the pavement three times!

My tv still isn't speaking to me after I cussed at it so hard.

The word was that Sam Bass and others knew it was going to happen, and were ok with it.

Busch said he planned to buy two copies at $5k each to give to his crew chief and maybe his car owner. The pit crew was to divvy up the original. It survived the whacking intact, so they said they were going to the shop and saw it up. The crew was trying to break pieces off in victory lane.

I was just sick. If it had been a Chinese copy, maybe ok.

Kyle Busch is no Pete Townshend!

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X
Nice guitar. Congrats!
But I don't know if I'd have it out in the cold. :o
I have a few Gibsons and Fenders.
It's pretty normal for Gibsons to be more tempermental than Fenders.
When going from one extreme temperature to another, it's always best to leave it in the case for awhile, and let the guitar slowly adapt to the "new" temperature in the case. You don't wanna just open the case quickly, and shock it.
Unless of course, you want to age, or "relic" the guitar fast, by having the finish on it "check" way earlier than it normally would. Which also seems to be quite popular with some folks!

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
fossis said:
Nice looking Guitar, I can only play the 'unamplified type', (bad ears), from chain saws & Army guns. :'(

Fossis..............

And that little "Wrath of Kahn" incident that we do not like talking about......

Plehbah, I never know what to expect out of you. This had me cracking up. It doesn't hurt that I'm a Trek fan either! LOL

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TAKODA said:
Cool pic. It would make a nice album cover. :headbang:
So I put this picture up at work where they have a board with employee photos, etc. One of my more literate employees wrote 'Buy My Album, Please!' on it. I thought it was funny. The District Human Resources Mgr. was in and saw that, and took it down, saying it was inappropriate for me to be posting advertising material for my personal gain in the work place. I believe I'll just let her keep thinking that.

K

Kentucky Kache

The Gibson style looks nice and they are popular, but I never cared much for their feel. IMO, the choice of guitar is more about feel. Sound quality comes largely from your amp.

If I ever buy another electric, I think I'll get a Gretsch style. Or maybe just an electric acoustic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread