Arachnid: carnivorous arthropod: or BIG Spider!

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_1844.JPG
    IMG_1844.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1840.JPG
    IMG_1840.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1843.JPG
    IMG_1843.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 317

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh he's cool lookin :icon_thumright: your daughter took some great pics

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tank69 said:
oh he's cool lookin :icon_thumright: your daughter took some great pics
Thanks Tank69! Kinda a hairy leg-ged old thang, ain't he?! :laughing9:
regards,
sandcreek

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks as if he is coated in frost :D

I took this one in my garage the outher day :thumbsup:

SS

Attachments

• fla 001.JPG
    fla 001.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 270

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
Silver Searcher, that looks very much like our Fiddleback, or Brown Recluse. It's venomous here to some people. This is spider season in Oklahoma, now is time for some big 'ol fat ones. That's a pretty fancy one Sandcreek!

ng

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver Searcher said:

SS
That's a really good spider pic. Silver Searcher! Naturegirl is right, he does look like our fiddleback spider. The fiddleback does some horrible damage to the skin when it bites!
Thanks for the comments!
sandcreek
naturegirl said:
Silver Searcher, that looks very much like our Fiddleback, or Brown Recluse. It's venomous here to some people. This is spider season in Oklahoma, now is time for some big 'ol fat ones. That's a pretty fancy one Sandcreek!

ng
NG--I always want to kill those things on my porch, but my daughter makes me leave them alone so she can take pictures of them. I guess I'll let it live until I walk into a web [then that creeps me out and I start knocking 'em down]!
regards,
sandcreek

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
I know! ;D It's a love/hate thing with me. I enjoy them, the diversity, watching them spin and catch bugs. But it creeps me out to no end to walk into one. Right now I have a lovely garden spider with a web right across the path to my garden. do I leave her there? And then forget and walk into the web? such decisions!

ng

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't think any of our spiders are venomous here. The best way to get them out of your house is to put a glass over it, slide a piece of cardboard underneath so that it holds the spider in the glass, then empty it in the garden.

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unicorn said:
I don't think any of our spiders are venomous here. The best way to get them out of your house is to put a glass over it, slide a piece of cardboard underneath so that it holds the spider in the glass, then empty it in the garden.
If I find one in the house, its probably not gonna live. I found one of those spiders that carry its babies on its back (in my living room) and stepped on it and those little buggers ran everywhere! :help: Hundreds of them!! That was horrible!
I usually leave them alone outside, though, because they do have their uses around the garden and such.......
Thanks Unicorn!
kind regards,
sandcreek

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sandcreek4 said:
Silver Searcher said:

SS
That's a really good spider pic. Silver Searcher! Naturegirl is right, he does look like our fiddleback spider. The fiddleback does some horrible damage to the skin when it bites!
Thanks for the comments!
sandcreek
naturegirl said:

ng
NG--I always want to kill those things on my porch, but my daughter makes me leave them alone so she can take pictures of them. I guess I'll let it live until I walk into a web [then that creeps me out and I start knocking 'em down]!
regards,
sandcreek
I was sorting through my finds in the Garage, and it's web was very close to me, it got quit aggressive :o

SS

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unicorn said:
Yep that's what we do :thumbsup:

SS

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics, your daughter does a fantastic job on those close ups. Now, I can't say much about the spider but I sure wouldn't want to cross one. :o Met up with a "banana spider" I believe that's what they're called...ran my ATV right into the web. Gonna have to venture back out to that area to get a pic.

:wink: RR

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
River Rat said:
Great pics, your daughter does a fantastic job on those close ups. Now, I can't say much about the spider but I sure wouldn't want to cross one. :o Met up with a "banana spider" I believe that's what they're called...ran my ATV right into the web. Gonna have to venture back out to that area to get a pic.

:wink: RR
River Rat--Those banana spiders are freaky looking, huh?!
I hate to ride in the woods on a 4-wheeler and go through a spider web!
Just the feel of a web on my skin makes me cringe!
Glad you enjoyed the pictures and my daughter says "Thanks for the kind words!" :hello:
regards,
sandcreek

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread