Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Once again, you prove to an amazing perspective for what surrounds you. Great pics! Keep them coming, and God bless.

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
muleskinner said:
Once again, you prove to an amazing perspective for what surrounds you. Great pics! Keep them coming, and God bless.

Thanks, will try.

Fossis..............

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossis said:
On one of my latest walks, I came across the largest tree I have ever seen that had been blown over after the ground was saturated with rain, I would have liked to cut out a section & counted the rings.
I also went around an old 'oxbow lake', (where the river had changed course thousands of years ago), I saw beaver dams, beaver hutches, lots of eagles, Canada geese, ducks, & one squirrel that jumped in the creek to get away, (it was quicker) than going across the beaver dam, I miss a lot of wildlife shots, 'they're too quick'. :icon_scratch:

Fossis...............
Great photos of nature that tree was huge , a question? did you have your detectors with you ? i remember back in 1986 Hurricane Gloria tore down a huge maple tree in a woods next to my parents house it was so big it took out a part of the house roof ,but in the root ball huge like the one you took a photo of was dozens of very old bottles small and big plus i found a few old coins lose on the surface of course back then i didn't have a metal detector i wish i did . All the photos are great HH Jim

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deepdiger60 said:
fossis said:
On one of my latest walks, I came across the largest tree I have ever seen that had been blown over after the ground was saturated with rain, I would have liked to cut out a section & counted the rings.
I also went around an old 'oxbow lake', (where the river had changed course thousands of years ago), I saw beaver dams, beaver hutches, lots of eagles, Canada geese, ducks, & one squirrel that jumped in the creek to get away, (it was quicker) than going across the beaver dam, I miss a lot of wildlife shots, 'they're too quick'. :icon_scratch:

Fossis...............
Great photos of nature that tree was huge , a question? did you have your detectors with you ? i remember back in 1986 Hurricane Gloria tore down a huge maple tree in a woods next to my parents house it was so big it took out a part of the house roof ,but in the root ball huge like the one you took a photo of was dozens of very old bottles small and big plus i found a few old coins lose on the surface of course back then i didn't have a metal detector i wish i did . All the photos are great HH Jim

Sadly, metal detecting is prohibited on Corp of Engineers land, thanks for the comments.

Fossis..........

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
irbaddadjoe said:
Hey fossis. How ya been? I see ya got a beaver crossing your path as well. If that big ole tree could talk.

Been doing good, we do have a lot of Beavers, & I wish that old tree could tell it's stories.

Fossis.........

OP
OP
fossis

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting