75.8 KB · Views: 262

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Re: Peregrine

Those are GREAT shots Rginn.........cant believe how blue the sky is! We have many hawks & falcons around here, they nest in the big oaks in front of my shop, they are always fun to watch!

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro

Sorry, not a Peregrine. An osprey. A fish hawk. Bet it was close to a lake, wasn't it. The nests are HUGE: I've seen some 12-14 feet deep, usually on top of snag cottonwood here along the Columbia River.

Peregrine are also here, but much smaller and far faster. Slightly larger than a pigeon.

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250

Wow, some great looking pics. I really like the second one of him in flight. A nice view. Thanks for sharing. I always like the pictures of wildlife. You sure do have some great suroundings near your place with all the beautiful scenery and the wildlife of
all kinds. I really enjoy seeing it. Ray

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2

Nice shots, RGINN.

We have several ospreys in my town. They started showing up 10 or 15 years ago, and almost immediately discovered our fish hatchery. My in laws lived between the hatchery and one of the nests and it was pretty cool watching them fly over with a flapping trout in their talons. Fish & Game considered netting the open ponds, but finally decided that they were beautiful enough to justify giving up a few fish a day.

MP

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hahaha you're absolutely right, Tuberale! I think I posted some other pics of this same bird but had the name right. When I posted I was on the phone with my son who's into falconry and he was telling me all about peregrines, so that name went right in there. I never even thought about it anymore until your post. Thanks for the correction. I'll let it stand just to see who all catches it. Stand by for my pics of the Andean Condor, which may well turn out to be a turkey buzzard. Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread