Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
58 mm DD. I have a set of Targus 55mm 'circular polarizer and ultraviolet digital filter set' that I mistakenly bought because it did say 55mm somewhere on the camera, but my filter size is 58mm. Anybody needs them, I'm happy to mail them to them.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
(Water pipes are buried at 4 ft. deep.)

In Wisconsin, the ductile iron water pipes are buried 6 1/2 feet deep, and they still freeze and burst sometimes.

Thursday it was -17 at 8:30 AM; got up to -5 at noon.

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fossis said:
sandcreek4 said:
I don't know how you stand it, RGINN.....We've had two weeks of this stuff and I'm ready to holler "calf-rope" ;D . My husband has had a crash course on plumbing and heater repair(had water pipes burst and our central heat quit in the middle of the night). Its been crazy cold! I'm ready for sunshine and 90 degrees!
Beautiful pics!

We had pipes freeze where they came out of the ground into a bldg twice, although they didn't burst, but i dug away the dirt, packed them with sawdust, covered with a tarp, & problem solved this go round.
Sandcreek, I haven't heard the term (Calf-rope) in years. :P

Fossis..............
RGINN said:
Calf rope!! That made my day. When I saw it I figured they wouldn't be 3 people besides me knew what it meant. When I was little, my Uncle used to tickle me and wouldn't stop til I hollered 'Calf Rope!', so I guess it's the provincial equivalent of saying uncle. Thanks for the info, DD-777. I never shoot in RAW mode, but might if I had a high dollar photo lab. I shoot in idiot mode on the Canon Rebel and it comes out alright. I'd like to get that polarizer lens though. Time of day is very important, and sunup to about 10am, then after 3pm is usually best up here. It's hard to take a bad pic up here, but I have done it. I like my people pics better than the scenery pics actually, but it confuses people when I tell them 'Do not look at this camera while I'm shooting'.
I wasn't sure if anyone would know what that term meant :D . It must be an Oklahoma thing. RGINN, my great grandpa used to tickle me and I had to say 'calf rope' before he would let me up. But he would also spit tobacco in my ear while he was tickling me, so that was extra incentive to say 'calf rope' real quick, even though it was hard to talk because I was laughing so much. Good memories!

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my grandpas was givin me a horse ride the first time I met him an he bucked me off right into is spittoon ! LOL! :laughing7:

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
Dang thats cold for Colorado, today in Anchorage is -13 but two days ago it was mid 30s which is nice for this time of year. Funny how our cold weather hits the lower 48 about 7-10 days after it leaves us

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Glad I made it out of there before it got that cold.

I had to chain up over Vail and Eisenhower on the way over Saturday. Reloaded in Denver Monday afternoon and still had to chain up again going west. Never thought Phoenix could look so good.

Great pics as usual RGINN :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I thought about you when I passed by Frisco.

PS, Fruit trees are starting to bloom in California. Had a lot of honey bee's on the windshield also. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread