88.8 KB · Views: 259

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are lucky that is for sure! We are still snowed in and freezing here in Northern Ky.
I think I will find the camera and take a photo of the winter wonder land we have .

OP
OP
pganjon

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 5, Ace 250
Daedalus said:
You are lucky that is for sure! We are still snowed in and freezing here in Northern Ky.
I think I will find the camera and take a photo of the winter wonder land we have .
I feel for you and hope warm weather is on the way! Yesterday's high had a wind chill in the low 20's and today is supposed to get around 34. I know Spring's not here yet, but God let me see some light at the end of the tunnel :icon_sunny: Take care! Paul :coffee2:

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not far away, we will be around 7 above in the morning, but expected to hit 60 by next week. :icon_sunny:

Fossis..............

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like pics like that at this time of year. If we had 34 above we would probably all fall over from heat stroke right now. As it is, I'm thankful when it's up in the teens.

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's kind of early for Pa., isn't it? I guess being in the leaves they are a little protected. I usually have them comming up too but no where in sight. They are frozen solid with 1/2 inch of ice

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Those look good. We are knee deep in snow here too. It went down to 2 degrees below last night and only
supposed to be in the upper teens today, but in the mid 30's during the weekend. And it looks like next week
will be in the mid to upper 30's most of the week. That would be great to see.

Ray

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
After an unbelievable -19 in my driveway this morning, and a -27 when I crossed the creek bottom, it hit 31 beautiful degrees this afternoon, and it smells like spring! and it sounds like spring, the birds know it's coming and they are tuning up. :icon_thumleft: As soon as the snow melts, there should be crocuses (crocii?) peeking out. funny that smell and sound are the first alerts. soon, you have to show pictures of the blooms pganjon.

OP
OP
pganjon

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
crazyjarhead said:
That's kind of early for Pa., isn't it? I guess being in the leaves they are a little protected. I usually have them coming up too but no where in sight. They are frozen solid with 1/2 inch of ice
Hi, You hit it right on the money, these where coming up from the leaves just under my ewe shrub :headbang: Also my back yard faces due South and it is half way down from a hill and protected from most of the Northwest wind by a small stretch of woods :icon_thumleft: Out front of my house is a different story, My tree's and shrub's bud out about 2 weeks later than most around my area because of cold North west winds that race down the hill. Thanks for reading :icon_sunny: Paul :coffee2:

OP
OP
pganjon

pganjon

Nov 6, 2008
South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
naturegirl said:
After an unbelievable -19 in my driveway this morning, and a -27 when I crossed the creek bottom, it hit 31 beautiful degrees this afternoon, and it smells like spring! and it sounds like spring, the birds know it's coming and they are tuning up. :icon_thumleft: As soon as the snow melts, there should be crocuses (crocii?) peeking out. funny that smell and sound are the first alerts. soon, you have to show pictures of the blooms pganjon.
I sure will :icon_thumleft: Thanks everyone for all the Post :icon_sunny: Paul :coffee2:

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Great shot Paul. Even though it's much milder here (today was 41), I'm looking forward to mid 50s to mid 60s - nice and comfortable with cold enough nights to keep the creepy-crawlies at bay... ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread