Angel Wing Drift Wood

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every spring the gold claim is flooded usually from May to end of July. I can get on it early in April for one month and then as a rule from August 10 till the end of the season.
Last years flooded deposited a beautiful piece of drift wood naturally weathered and worn by water action in the form of an Angel Wing complete with its own stand. Piece weights a good 50 pounds....Just can't beat mother nature with her beauty....

Angel Drift Wood.JPG

Last edited:

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also do woodworking so I really appreciate the beauty of that. Thank You.

OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also do woodworking so I really appreciate the beauty of that. Thank You.

Thanks for the compliment but Mother Nature takes the credit as I'm not into wood working and I also appreciate the beauty of this piece. Every year this claim is flooded and when we are able to get back on it usually late July early August we find many items that the flood has deposited. Several tires, 45 gallon drum and so on. This drift wood piece has been the nicest so far.

Attached is a picture panning the north-east corner ( claim is almost 2 miles long). The island with the up rooted tree you see is under water during the flood, and the channel we are in panning dries up in four weeks. It is in these side channels that we mostly find what the river has left behind. Thanks again, I appreciate your compliment....

Panning Sized.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread