tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With all the heat I endured in northern Nevada and Utah this last week I know of a perfect place were one can cool down on that long drive across Wyoming's I-80 Interstate. In fact the whole drive across Wyoming had very pleasant weather this last Saturday. If your ever on I-80 in Wyoming and need a change in scenery, please do go over the pass through the Medicine Bow mountains, "but not in the winter as the road is closed". If your going west get off at Laramie Wyo. and if you going east, head south to Saratoga and go over to Laramie on Wyo. Highway 130. I was able to cool down quite allot. If fact it was down right cold up in these mountains at around 3 in the afternoon with a little bit more snow to melt and high lakes to thaw. The first pic is the upper South Platte river with a good snow melt bringing it up to the rivers edge. The others are the drive high up and over the mountain pass. The towns of Saratoga and Centennial Wyoming along the route are great places to stop, relax and visit. The town of Saratoga Wyoming has a very beautiful golf course.

Attachments

• saratoga 1.jpg
    saratoga 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
  • saratoga 2.jpg
    saratoga 2.jpg
    839 KB · Views: 73
  • saratoga 3.jpg
    saratoga 3.jpg
    908.5 KB · Views: 86
  • saratoga 4.jpg
    saratoga 4.jpg
    967.2 KB · Views: 83
  • saratoga 5.jpg
    saratoga 5.jpg
    855 KB · Views: 118
  • saratoga 6.jpg
    saratoga 6.jpg
    559 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

3xflyfisher

Nov 1, 2005
In my RV, where ever it may stop!
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet again a great area Tamrock. The Snowy Range is spectacular. I think your reference to the S Platte should be the North Platte instead. Saratoga has some cool hotsprings that are in the city park and free! Great fishing in this area too. Thanks for the photos!!!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Pictures! :thumbsup: Really like that last photo.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yet again a great area Tamrock. The Snowy Range is spectacular. I think your reference to the S Platte should be the North Platte instead. Saratoga has some cool hotsprings that are in the city park and free! Great fishing in this area too. Thanks for the photos!!!
Indeed North Platte is correct. Thanks 3x

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread