Cow & Calf Moose

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On yesterdays trip seen quite a few critters, 3 bears (one a sow with a tiny cub), 2 deer both bucks with antlers starting to develop, a lynx (this is the one I wanted a picture of the most) but it ran away too fast and this cow and calf moose who stood still long enough for one picture....

Moose Sized.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats got to be great living in the pine's like you do. I've never seen a Lynx in the wild. I've seen a Mountain Lion and a couple times Bobcats. Bear ever now and then.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good pic. I saw a lynx once near Independence Pass but the rascal did not care for its pic bein taken. I can tell you know about wildlife cause from the pic you're keepin your distance from that cow and calf. Wise decision!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great picture in zoom! :icon_thumleft: Always good to see a continuing of the species.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Super Great picture Cariboo...so nice to see pictures of animals we don't have. And can't wait for you to get that pic. of the Lynx....good luck!

OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Super Great picture Cariboo...so nice to see pictures of animals we don't have. And can't wait for you to get that pic. of the Lynx....good luck!

Thanks CK......I also like this snap shot thread as I get to see birds, animal and places that I will never get to in person. I went out again yesterday and as luck would have it seen another lynx but unable to get a picture...........Here this year we have a huge amount of rabbits, my claims are only 9 miles off pavement and it is normal to see between 50 - 100 rabbits along the gravel road. All the predators are having a field day here...

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great picture, thanks for posting! !

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks CK......I also like this snap shot thread as I get to see birds, animal and places that I will never get to in person. I went out again yesterday and as luck would have it seen another lynx but unable to get a picture...........Here this year we have a huge amount of rabbits, my claims are only 9 miles off pavement and it is normal to see between 50 - 100 rabbits along the gravel road. All the predators are having a field day here...

I agree great photo of the cow and calf. Now I live a long ways from you here in Middle TN. but we have a HUGE presence of rabbits this year also. Was walking out back in the woods and I saw something a long ways off walking my way. Low to the ground and couldn't tell what it was. Then it suddenly started running toward my direction. It got about 15 ft. away and suddenly just stopped. It was a beautiful full grown Bobcat. It wasn't looking "at me" but it could sense something wasn't normal. Nobody moved for a long 2 minutes. I wanted so bad to get my phone out and snap a pic but knew I couldn't. It then slowly turned its head and looked right at me. I blinked and it was gone... puffffff! But it was cool to get that close. I'm glad you got that photo though... good job.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....so far I've seen 1 jackrabbit and 2 cottontails....dry, dry and dry. Guess that plays a BIG role in number of "wabbets" around. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread