Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About three of the more well known big time treasure tale sites in SW OK. (And I hope those loaded up in the order I talk about them.) First, Twin Mountains, NW of Mtn. Park. Along the old Spanish road following the north fork of the Red River and supposedly where gold taken from Spanish miners in Devil's Canyon by Indians is buried. Second, Elk Mountain in the Wichitas, in the area of many reported sightings of the Cave With the Iron Door. (It's iconic, so I can capitalize). Last, Buzzard's Roost east of Cement, a site associated with the James boys and pretty much depicted dead on on one of their treasure maps. Clues and loot were recovered here some years back.

Attachments

• 6-7j.jpg
    6-7j.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 6-7l.jpg
    6-7l.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 6-7u.jpg
    6-7u.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 68
OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't have that much time, but it would take you quite a while to travel to all the sites in SW Oklahoma that have treasure tales associated with them.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to travel to Granite OK.. and one time I left there to head to El Paso TX. The only thing I remember of that drive is I went through the town of Paducah TX and I don't know why I remember that? I've never taken that route ever again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions