old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet if you threw a firecracker under him you wouldn't have a problem as to would move quick enough?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like his horns are still in velvet.
They are. If you put a red nose and some jingle bells on him he'd be a nice yard ornament for the Christmas season, but I'm not sure he'd sit still like that for very long.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One of the biggest bucks I ever saw in my life ran across a busy street between me and another car just before noon one day last fall. The other driver just shrugged and shook his head.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice buck, when is the season in Colorado? It's bow season in Oregon now, and rifle season is in Oct. My daughter is one of the people that lives above Denver in the front range. She
was feeding the horses yesterday morning, and they got buggered, alert and snorting, so she looked around where the horses were looking, and there was a bear about 15 yards,
said she about wet herself, and backed out of there. The bear walked off, and the horses settled down, but she stayed rattled, and called Dad on the phone. Couldn't be much help
all the way from Oregon, told her to keep the electric fence turned on, the bear won't cross it, and she finally settled down.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice buck, when is the season in Colorado? It's bow season in Oregon now, and rifle season is in Oct. My daughter is one of the people that lives above Denver in the front range. She
was feeding the horses yesterday morning, and they got buggered, alert and snorting, so she looked around where the horses were looking, and there was a bear about 15 yards,
said she about wet herself, and backed out of there. The bear walked off, and the horses settled down, but she stayed rattled, and called Dad on the phone. Couldn't be much help
all the way from Oregon, told her to keep the electric fence turned on, the bear won't cross it, and she finally settled down.
Bow season now. Saw a guy up in NW Colorado pull his car over on the side of the road jump out with bow and arrows in hand and disappear up a steep hill in the forest. Bow season in Wyoming also. There was a fella from Buena Vista they called "Chainsaw" who got killed by a bear inside his camper. I didn't know him, but knew of him. He cut firewood for beer money. You never want to under estimate the actions of a critters such as cougars and bears. They will get you if you think you can walk up to and admire the cute little creatures.
http://www.timetoast.com/timelines/black-bear-and-cougar-attacks-in-colorado-1960-2011

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread