tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a pass to the Rocky Mountain National park good to Nov. and I had to drop some stuff off to a customer in Estes Park before I head to Utah, so why in the heck wouldn't I head west through the park :dontknow: Pretty awesome drive it is. It's getting pretty busy with tourist now and I had to pretty much drive 30 mph all the way to Grand Lake, but I saw nothing wrong with that. Most the wildlife I saw was west of the continental divide. I saw elk a marmot, mama moose and her babe, and a rare for here osprey on a little island on Grand Lake. Going in to Steamboat Spgs. at the top of rabbit ears pass the thunderhead were sure cracking some spectacular bolts of lighting. The last picture is what it looks like under a thunder head drawing the warm air up into the stratosphere. I had to turn the heat up a bit on the pass. I'm thinking they'll be some wicked storms will form out on the eastern plains with this cold air flowing down from high in the Rockies tonight?

Attachments

• RMP34 1.jpg
    RMP34 1.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 60
  • RMP34 2.jpg
    RMP34 2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 61
  • RMP34 3.jpg
    RMP34 3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 63
  • RMP34 4.jpg
    RMP34 4.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 58
  • RMP34 5.jpg
    RMP34 5.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 60
  • RMP34 6.jpg
    RMP34 6.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 55

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures! :thumbsup: That photo of those clouds reminds me of the photo I took and posted a year or so ago.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, just wow. I've been all over the west in my hippy days, but never stopped to look. The osprey looks lost, I've never seen a marmot before and I can look at individual hairs on this guy. The storm clouds are awesome. Love the highway pic of what looks like layers of sedimentary rock that I have never seen. Sure enjoy looking at your posts. Always teach me something.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, just wow. I've been all over the west in my hippy days, but never stopped to look. The osprey looks lost, I've never seen a marmot before and I can look at individual hairs on this guy. The storm clouds are awesome. Love the highway pic of what looks like layers of sedimentary rock that I have never seen. Sure enjoy looking at your posts. Always teach me something.
That's a wall of deep snow Austin and the reason I keep snow shoes in my truck with boots already attached.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Hippy days...I bet this was one of your favorite songs.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pics. Just how deep was that snow in winter???

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics. Just how deep was that snow in winter???
Maybe 10ft in places. Folks were having their pictures taken standing up against it in places it was 3 to 4 ft over their heads.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread