Man Cave

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not quite done yet, but I've done some remodeling in my living room. I've left the dining room like my wife had it in memory of her, with all the family pictures etc. At first I just wanted to hang a gun over the fireplace, but there were some lights in the way, so one thing led to another, and now the wall is all old barn boards, the lights are gone, and the rifle is hanging over the fireplace. The roll top desk is too large for the room, but that's too bad, I love it, and it stays. There are still a few more things to be done, a picture or two to hang, and a couple of critter heads, but this will give you the idea anyhow.
man cave2.jpg
man cave3.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see your hurricane lanterns. I prefer the light of those over our modern electric lighting. Some how the glow of firelight really brings me to a deeper realm of peace. I've got this mount in my garage that I' not allowed put up. My one daughter was home looking for something of hers left in the garage and uncovered it and came right in the house and said "What the heck is there a Buffalo head doing in the garage" My wife went WHAT! I meant to have it hidden from every girl in this house, but the cat's out of the bag now. They've already forgot about it, but I was drilled on why I bought it? It was just one of those deals I came by I just couldn't pass up there honey. :dontknow:

Attachments

• buff head 2.jpg
    buff head 2.jpg
    1,020.2 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I see your hurricane lanterns. I prefer the light of those over our modern electric lighting. Some how the glow of firelight really brings me to a deeper realm of peace. I've got this mount in my garage that I' not allowed put up. My one daughter was home looking for something of hers left in the garage and uncovered it and came right in the house and said "What the heck is there a Buffalo head doing in the garage" My wife went WHAT! I meant to have it hidden from every girl in this house, but the cat's out of the bag now. They've already forgot about it, but I was drilled on why I bought it? It was just one of those deals I came by I just couldn't pass up there honey. :dontknow:

That's next, I have a bear and antelope that are going on the wall. For 25 years they haven't been allowed in the house. The good news is all of this is keeping me busy, so I don't have time to feel sorry for myself.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice rifle,shootin bag , and carved spout on horn.
Library inventory choice too!
Aged wood is great/real and warm...the rest is your business..:thumbsup:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing says " man " like old weathered boards! For a work in progress, I would say it's getting there pretty well!:icon_thumright:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Perfect, just perfect. And no, that desk is just perfect because it is beautiful. I'm really sorry about your wife. But you have done so well on your cave. An unobtrusive bookcase, that looks like a glass front bookcase, the rifle, well, how much more of a centerpiece is that? And I love the powderhorn. Trophy heads will top it off. Maybe Tamrock will sell that Buffalo since if he puts it up, he'll be sleeping in the car and maybe will still get fed. Never apologize for that room. And believe it or not, it's pretty evident you had some serious spiritual help designing it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread