fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted a picture of a dragonfly eating a small butterfly A few days ago and that was the first time I ever saw that. Well, today I got another first. I looked out my kitchen window to see a hawk sitting on a split rail fence about 100' away. I grabbed my camera and eased out the back door in an attempt to get a picture. I wasn't able to get any closer so I took a shot just as the hawk was about to fly off. At least that I what I thought it was doing until I downloaded the picture to my computer. Seems like he had a little business to take care of before he flew off and that was another first for me.

Attachments

• Hawk 1.jpg
    Hawk 1.jpg
    276.7 KB · Views: 53

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Somehow that pic seems suitable for this day. :tongue3:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wonder what your next " first " will be...nice looking spot for birds to hang out.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what your next " first " will be...nice looking spot for birds to hang out.

I wonder myself. I am just thankful that I am still able to experience "firsts" and hope to keep doing so.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I startled an owl that was living in a three sided, open front shed, the size of a single hole outhouse. He took off and left a string of stuff kind of like a JATO, (jet assisted take off) that went right past my nose. All happened pretty fast and really got my attention. Seems like they all lighten their load when taking off.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions