New camera and new flowers in the yard

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Spring appears to be springing, even if it is still cold and rainy. We are getting more and more flowers blooming, giving me a chance to play with my new camera.

grape budA.jpg

grape budB.jpg
The grapes are budding out, and yesterday morning the 7AM temp was 31 degrees, with frost on the car. Looks like it didn't hurt them this time, but in the past I've seen them hammered with a late frost, so that they loose leaves and all. But they come back, and that year they had plenty of grapes, like frost isn't a big deal.
tulipA.jpg

tulipB.jpg
This looks like the only tulip left, from a bunch my wife planted several years ago.
unknownA.jpg

unknownB.jpg
I don't know what these are, wife got a start from a friend of hers. What ever they are, they are pretty, and have quite an odor. Sure do like that camera.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That last pic is a wall hanger for sure. Which camera did you get?

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a VERY pleasing photograoh Boats...a real eye catcher to say the least!

grape budB.jpg

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
That last pic is a wall hanger for sure. Which camera did you get?

It's the same camera Tamrock uses, a Panasonic DCM-ZS50. I got it on sale at Costco, it will fit in the shirt pocket, has awesome closeup and telephoto capabilities without having to pack around a bunch of extra stuff, auto focus, and even with my shaky hands, somehow the pictures are sharp and clear.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the years when my grapevine gets a leaf about to that level, we'll get a late wet snow storm and then freeze at night. The leaves on the vine will all freeze and die, but will come back again. I checked yesterday and the vines have a little budding, but that reminds me we're still not quite out of the cold days yet. A very cold late fall early freeze maybe three years ago now killed one of my grapevines​ and many other fruit trees in this area. That freeze also killed my neighbors peach tree. I didn't know what happened to all the fruit-bearing trees and vines until they talked about it on the TV news one time. I guess it killed many fruit trees and vines on the front range.

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the same camera Tamrock uses, a Panasonic DCM-ZS50. I got it on sale at Costco, it will fit in the shirt pocket, has awesome closeup and telephoto capabilities without having to pack around a bunch of extra stuff, auto focus, and even with my shaky hands, somehow the pictures are sharp and clear.
I don't know if you took these with the macro feature or not, but it'll target and track a small subject when you turn that function on. It's great for small things moving around in a breeze or a bug that won't sit still. I took a picture of this little quarter inch long spider using that feature. He didn't like my lens on him and even jumped on it in an attack at my camera. I had to shake him off it and as he was ready for another round with the camera I got this close-up of him. I can't wait for the warmer days and when the bugs all come around. It's really fun trying to get good close-ups of bug world.

Attachments

• IMG_20170208_182815.jpg
    IMG_20170208_182815.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions