Caught the Pig......

4x4x4

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2017
Southern California, outside of San Diego
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20150307_105243.jpg

This rural burg gets a share of trash thrown from cars by, mostly , "International Travelers" from Mexico.
My 6/10mi unimproved road became a debris dump last month ! I noticed the pile of cast-offs becoming larger
by the day. Determined to catch the pig , I would sit in my Troopy night after night , hidden with a view to the ever increasing pile with no luck. After a few weeks , I found in the newest dump , a current newspaper with a
Mailing lable affixed....an address 12 miles from here. When I arrived at the address , I was met by a scholarly
Man of the Cloth who was extremely angry at the pigs actions. He happily handed me a business card the pig had made up touting "A Green Company" and "Trust the Professional" adding "Crush that *******!".
The sleuth in me needed more proof and I set out with three Game Cameras placed about the site , sure to catch
the pig. I also took pics of the tire tracks left behind for use later. Next I called our only Law out here.....Sheriffs
Deputies and explained the issue to no avail , no help to offer ! I called in the Big Guns . . Hazardous Materials, Department Waterways and Fish and Game.....It was a Party ! The Sheriffs Deputy made an appearance then got busy on his phone/radio finding "the perp lives right over there !" , pointing to a rural home that was Right Behind My Hiding Place ! The game cams turned no real usable images as the infrared night light FLARED on the reflective license plates.....only the burnt out brake light and tire tracks were evident and used to convict the pig who, by the way admitted to many other dumping crimes !
Take 'em down !

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job Sherlock, I'm always happy to hear about other garbage vigilantes taking the trash out!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope they hit em with a Hefty fine.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd get some help and haul that stuff over to his yard and dump it there. Back when timber was king, the county had money to burn, and our dump was free. The spotted owl changed that, and the dump now has to charge. But back when it was free, and much easier to get to than some spot in the woods, people still dumped trash out in the country. You done good, sure hope the guy gets a large fine and is required to clean up his mess.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Seeing these dump sites makes my blood boil. Glad you took the initiative when it seems no one else would. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread