Valcanos

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Flying from Eugene, OR to Denver, we climbed out of the cloud cover, climbing to 33,000 feet. My view out the window was to the north, and as we were passing over the Cascade Mountains it was interesting to see how those mountains block the moisture, which is why eastern Oregon is a desert. Of course there is probably just about the same view out the window to the south where several high mountains would be above the clouds.

I think, and this is just a guess, a logical SWAG, but the first kind of in the cloud cover might be one of the Three Sisters, the next mountain should be Mt. Jefferson, 10,495 feet. Then the third would be Mt. Hood, 11,240 feet. Next up the line would be Mt. Saint Helens, which is only 9,000 feet now, and should be under the clouds. Next would be Mt Adams at 12,277 feet, and finally way up in the haze in the center of the picture should be Mt. Rainier, 14,411 feet. All are stratovalcanos, what ever that means, but it's easy to see I live in the "Ring of Fire."
AirplaneView.jpg

Last edited:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's just a matter of time before smoke billows out of one of those. I've seen that veiw when I worked for a company out of Wilsonville, OR. Worst company I've ever worked for and stayed only a couple years there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread