Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree19Likes
  • 8 Post By Silver Searcher
  • 2 Post By Tnmountains
  • 1 Post By tamrock
  • 2 Post By kha924
  • 1 Post By Silver Searcher
  • 1 Post By Silver Searcher
  • 1 Post By RGINN
  • 2 Post By tamrock
  • 1 Post By WarBaby

Thread: Still enjoying the fishing.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Still enjoying the fishing.

Well it's fair to say the detecting over the past three years has took a back seat. Still enjoying the Carp fishing, he's a few recent captures.

SS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2805.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.96 MB 
ID:	1463578   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2808.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.50 MB 
ID:	1463579   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2794.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	1463580   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2311.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	2.85 MB 
ID:	1463582  
    Don't piss down my back, then tell me it's raining.

Charter Member
    us
    Sep 2010
    Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
    7002 times
    Do you eat those bone filled things? I know people over here that do, but I've never tried it. They say there's to many bones making them hard to eat.
    Due to the high price of ammunition there will be no warning shot.

I would be hung drawn and quartered mate, people pay a lot of money here to fish for carp.

SS

us
    Jan 2009
    South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
    Tesoro Conquistador freq shift Fisher F75 Garrett AT-Pro Garet carrot
    6674 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Big one. I used to hunt them with a bow and arrow when they were on the beds tearing it up. Any day fishing is a great day!
    Please read our rules and enjoy the site. TreasureNet.com Rules

All finds posted by me are from private property with landowner permission.

Charter Member
    us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    9624 times
    Now that's one fat goldfish. I guess bow fishing carp over there is out of the question? Wonderful sunset.
    Last edited by tamrock; Jun 19, 2017 at 05:41 PM.
    Silver Searcher likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    9695 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    I don't know if you saw this or not Colin,their landlocked from the river,there had to have been 50 or more..

Sucking in leaves from the wind.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K1600_DSCN2690.JPG 
Views:	11 
Size:	128.9 KB 
ID:	1463662

GOD Bless
    Chris
    Last edited by worldtalker; Jun 21, 2017 at 06:44 PM.
    ​EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

No one can be helped until he understands what he has been doing wrong and wants to change.

How do you know what is right

IF

You don't know what is wrong? Notice I didn't say ​WHO.

http://antidoteforall.com/ ​(Could be what you've been looking for)

us
    Jan 2017
    NWPA 814
    LRP
    62 times
    Metal Detecting
    if people pay money to fish for carp tell them to contact me haha i have a hot spot... they pay the airfare ill hookem up with a campground and even bait there hooks with bread...jk nice ones though looks like a pretty cool pole holder you have rigged up..

Thing is mate most of the UK carpers head to France, it's very big over there with huge carp to over 90lb. I'm going next year.

SS
    tamrock likes this.

They look like they are getting ready to spawn Chris. Carp will suck in anything floating and test it to see if it's food, we fish here in hot weather on the top with floating dog biscuits.

SS
    worldtalker likes this.

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    4552 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Cool double S. Carp are a lot of fun to catch. I knew a guy who used to fly fish for them, and he had a great time. Carp and gar are great to bowfish for.
    Silver Searcher likes this.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

Charter Member
    us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    9624 times
    Me and my cousin would fish for Bullheads in this river in Iowa long ago and there were other folks always fishing there too. My cousin hooked a carp and reeled it in and then tossed it back in the water. All of a sudden we hear someone saying No, No, No, No. It was this older Asian fella come running over criss-crossing his hands in front of him as he was coming over to us. I was wondering if we did something wrong?. He said don't through those carp back and that he'd give us 50 cents for anymore like that one my cousin caught. We got a fare amount of Bullheads, but not another carp. When we left we told him sorry and informed him if he was around anytime we were there, he'd be sure to get any carp we caught. I think he was really disappointed in the fact my cousin didn't keep that carp. It was like we did something really stupid in the eyes of that fella.
    Last edited by tamrock; Jun 21, 2017 at 06:42 PM.
    Silver Searcher and WarBaby like this.

us
    Jan 2017
    NWPA 814
    LRP
    62 times
    Metal Detecting
    one of the best carp rigs for the spot in the video is an all white strike indicator with a treble just below it we go sometimes and you can catch them til your sick of it. That place is a tourist attraction here, they used to sell old bread that you could throw in to feed the birds and fish until someone decided it was bad for the fish and the lake. The carp are there all summer from about may until ice up really weird that they wouldnt just go someowhere more peaceful to live...

us
    Jan 2010
    DFW Texas
    Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
    1111 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tamrock View Post
    Me and my cousin would fish for Bullheads in this river in Iowa long ago and there were other folks always fishing there too. My cousin hooked a carp and reeled it in and then tossed it back in the water. All of a sudden we hear someone saying No, No, No, No. It was this older Asian fella come running over criss-crossing his hands in front of him as he was coming over to us. I was wondering if we did something wrong?. He said don't through those carp back and that he'd give us 50 cents for anymore like that one my cousin caught. We got a fare amount of Bullheads, but not another carp. When we left we told him sorry and informed him if he was around anytime we were there, he'd be sure to get any carp we caught. I think he was really disappointed in the fact my cousin didn't keep that carp. It was like we did something really stupid in the eyes of that fella.
    That reminds me of a guy I used to work with from Vietnam, I told him about a large soft shelled turtle I caught while fishing and released. He was visibly upset when I told him I released the thing, and offered me $40 for each large softshell I caught. I never sold any to him, but it certainly made me think twice about them.
    tamrock likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Grant Brandenburg

Jan 2013
    Colorado
    Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    9624 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WarBaby View Post
    That reminds me of a guy I used to work with from Vietnam, I told him about a large soft shelled turtle I caught while fishing and released. He was visibly upset when I told him I released the thing, and offered me $40 for each large softshell I caught. I never sold any to him, but it certainly made me think twice about them.
    This Asian fella I was referring, was a Vietnamese who was most likely part of a refugee placement back in the 1970's. The rivers in the Midwest were to them like home I'm thinking and many of them would spend a lot of time fishing these rivers and creeks when they came over here. The lady that cuts my hair is Vietnamese and Anglo. She told me her mother was a prostitute and her father was most likely an unknown American GI. She was raised most of her young life in Vietnam as she was adopted by a Vietnamese Logging family who were pretty well to do. She's a very sweet gal with a very interesting story, but hard for me to understand what she's saying at times, but she has a wonderful humor about her and I can have fun with her when she says something that sounds completely out of context to my ears.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links