762.6 KB · Views: 59

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you eat those bone filled things? I know people over here that do, but I've never tried it. They say there's to many bones making them hard to eat.

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would be hung drawn and quartered mate, people pay a lot of money here to fish for carp.

SS

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big one. I used to hunt them with a bow and arrow when they were on the beds tearing it up. Any day fishing is a great day!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's one fat goldfish. I guess bow fishing carp over there is out of the question? Wonderful sunset.

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know if you saw this or not Colin,their landlocked from the river,there had to have been 50 or more..

Sucking in leaves from the wind.

K1600_DSCN2690.JPG

GOD Bless
Chris

Last edited:

kha924

Jan 29, 2017
NWPA 814
Detector(s) used
LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if people pay money to fish for carp tell them to contact me haha i have a hot spot... they pay the airfare ill hookem up with a campground and even bait there hooks with bread...jk nice ones though looks like a pretty cool pole holder you have rigged up..

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thing is mate most of the UK carpers head to France, it's very big over there with huge carp to over 90lb. I'm going next year.8-)

SS

OP
OP
Silver Searcher

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like they are getting ready to spawn Chris. Carp will suck in anything floating and test it to see if it's food, we fish here in hot weather on the top with floating dog biscuits.:icon_thumleft:

SS

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool double S. Carp are a lot of fun to catch. I knew a guy who used to fly fish for them, and he had a great time. Carp and gar are great to bowfish for.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my cousin would fish for Bullheads in this river in Iowa long ago and there were other folks always fishing there too. My cousin hooked a carp and reeled it in and then tossed it back in the water. All of a sudden we hear someone saying No, No, No, No. It was this older Asian fella come running over criss-crossing his hands in front of him as he was coming over to us. I was wondering if we did something wrong?. He said don't through those carp back and that he'd give us 50 cents for anymore like that one my cousin caught. We got a fare amount of Bullheads, but not another carp. When we left we told him sorry and informed him if he was around anytime we were there, he'd be sure to get any carp we caught. I think he was really disappointed in the fact my cousin didn't keep that carp. It was like we did something really stupid in the eyes of that fella.

Last edited:

kha924

Jan 29, 2017
NWPA 814
Detector(s) used
LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
one of the best carp rigs for the spot in the video is an all white strike indicator with a treble just below it we go sometimes and you can catch them til your sick of it. That place is a tourist attraction here, they used to sell old bread that you could throw in to feed the birds and fish until someone decided it was bad for the fish and the lake. The carp are there all summer from about may until ice up really weird that they wouldnt just go someowhere more peaceful to live...

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my cousin would fish for Bullheads in this river in Iowa long ago and there were other folks always fishing there too. My cousin hooked a carp and reeled it in and then tossed it back in the water. All of a sudden we hear someone saying No, No, No, No. It was this older Asian fella come running over criss-crossing his hands in front of him as he was coming over to us. I was wondering if we did something wrong?. He said don't through those carp back and that he'd give us 50 cents for anymore like that one my cousin caught. We got a fare amount of Bullheads, but not another carp. When we left we told him sorry and informed him if he was around anytime we were there, he'd be sure to get any carp we caught. I think he was really disappointed in the fact my cousin didn't keep that carp. It was like we did something really stupid in the eyes of that fella.

That reminds me of a guy I used to work with from Vietnam, I told him about a large soft shelled turtle I caught while fishing and released. He was visibly upset when I told him I released the thing, and offered me $40 for each large softshell I caught. I never sold any to him, but it certainly made me think twice about them.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That reminds me of a guy I used to work with from Vietnam, I told him about a large soft shelled turtle I caught while fishing and released. He was visibly upset when I told him I released the thing, and offered me $40 for each large softshell I caught. I never sold any to him, but it certainly made me think twice about them.
This Asian fella I was referring, was a Vietnamese who was most likely part of a refugee placement back in the 1970's. The rivers in the Midwest were to them like home I'm thinking and many of them would spend a lot of time fishing these rivers and creeks when they came over here. The lady that cuts my hair is Vietnamese and Anglo. She told me her mother was a prostitute and her father was most likely an unknown American GI. She was raised most of her young life in Vietnam as she was adopted by a Vietnamese Logging family who were pretty well to do. She's a very sweet gal with a very interesting story, but hard for me to understand what she's saying at times, but she has a wonderful humor about her and I can have fun with her when she says something that sounds completely out of context to my ears.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread