That's my boy!! (FYI - image includes expired rodent)

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That ain't right either!

I love cats, my husband doesn't. But while raising kids we managed to have two. The first one was Sylvester. I tried to keep him in the house. We couldn't afford to have him fixed. One day he decided to spray a basket of freshly washed and folded clothes. Out the door he went. He then adopted the street out front as his very own lounge. So many times I would catch him laying on the yellow lines. Needless to say that's how he met his end. The next cat we got was a tabby we named Milo. Yes we had a pug named Otis, too. Those two were just like the ones in the movie. Hilarious. Well we made sure to foot the bill for the getting the cat fixed and getting him shots. Little did we know that the rabies shot causes cancer in cats. We had to put him to sleep when he was 8/9. He was the only cat my hubby liked. Now we have fish, outside in a pond. Low maintenance and I don't get attached.

I know of a Sheriff who at one time (before he became Sheriff) owned a large Chinese restaurant compound --- several buildings.

I got the story from my mother-in-law who did not lie even when it would benefit her. The establishment was raided by the health board. In one of the freezers they had several "rabbit" carcasses hung in order to age. All of those "rabbits" used to say "Meow". They got a tip when several neighborhood pets went missing right after a new menu item made with "rabbit" was introduced.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
you're killing me Chadeaux

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first cat lived to be 22. Not sure if that's a record or not. But after 22 years you become pretty close. That cat was with me almost half my life !! That's one cat I still miss a lot. Used to love and eat piazza with me !! And ya she was a ruthless rat killer, and birds,and lizards, and snakes, and even a baby opossum once. Tabby cats are hunters for sure !! She looked much like scruff.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
"They got a tip when several neighborhood pets went missing right after a new menu item made with "rabbit" was introduced."
They coulda had mine - I'd even help load it for them!

Every time UPS comes here, I'm always trying to get the cat to go into the UPS van. Almost did it one day, but the driver saw her sneak onboard! :angry5:

"Well, I'm sorry Jeff, but how would you feel if your dinner went crazy and tried to run away when the staff seated someone next to you with a seeing eye dog?"
I'd tell 'em to take it back and make it WELL DONE! :headbang:

"My first cat lived to be 22."
O lordy, tell me it's not true!! :cussing:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
"My first cat lived to be 22."
O lordy, tell me it's not true!! :cussing:

What is the average life span of a cat?
12-14 years
The average life expectancy for male indoor cats is around 12 to 14 years, with females usually living a year or two longer.
However, cats have been reported as reaching into their 30s, with the oldest known cat, Creme Puff, dying at a verified age of 38. Feline life expectancy has increased significantly in recent decades.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread