That's my boy!! (FYI - image includes expired rodent)

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last night my neighbor, Phil (aka:Gnatnutz) and I were hanging out in
my shop watching some TV (Gold Rush), and my boy Scruff comes
flying in the cat door and deposits this fat rat right between our feet.
The rat was not injured (yet) from his capture. Scruff likes to bring
me mice because he thinks I'll play with them...(ie: it's a gift Dad!),
but this was the very first rat I've ever seen around our place.

Took Phil and I about a minute to terminate the thing, and then Scruff
wanted to pose for trophy pics.

DSCF9238.jpg

I tossed it out for the 'coons, and it was gone and consumed (I assume)
within about 5 min.

Scruff was pissed off about that....I think he expected that I was going to
have the nasty thing mounted for him!

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Atta boy scruff !!! Get um !!!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to have a cat that was an absolute ruthless and efficient killer. She would ALWAYs save us a piece though. usually she left the gut pile and a leg or tail, sometimes the head or so on. And she left them right in front of the back porch door for us, usually an offering a day, or every other day at the most, during the summer. Then she kinda slacked off in the winter only killing what was in the house. I miss that cat. Also that cat had a weird hankering for doughnuts, could tell when a package/box was opened from anywhere in the house and came running.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy that's like taking candy from a baby there Diz. You should a seen my wife fly out of bed one time when our cat jumped up next to her with a legs still kicking mouse in it's mouth. Cat only wanted to show everyone what great mouse catcher he was. My wife was not at all impressed with what our cat could do that morning.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boy that's like taking candy from a baby there Diz. You should a seen my wife fly out of bed one time when our cat jumped up next to her with a legs still kicking mouse in it's mouth. Cat only wanted to show everyone what great mouse catcher he was. My wife was not at all impressed with what our cat could do that morning.

That got me laughing !!! Heh heh heh !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Cats do like to show off their catch. I had one that would toss his in the air like a kid with a baseball. You're probably going to get a good dose of cattitude for the next couple of days.:cat:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cats- can't live with em, can't eat em raw

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good boy, Scruff! Extra skritches for you ;)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Scruff. Break out the expensive canned food!

OP
OP
DizzyDigger

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry these aren't gorgeous landscapes, but for me, having my
little buddy proudly bringing me his captured critters (alive) just
makes my day. Over the years I've probably released a dozen
of 'em back into the fields. I honestly hate to kill anything, and
so long as it's unharmed I'll catch it (with gloves) and give it
a pardon. Rats I simply can't/won't tolerate, and had no issues at
all sending the one he caught last night off to wherever rats go
after they are really, most sincerely dead.

I've seen him kill a few, but for the most part he's a "catch and
release" mouser.

He's 13 now, and I raised him up from a hungry feral kitten
that was left under our porch by his mama. Mama was of dubious
moral character, and she bailed out and weaned him on the same
day. After 4 months of feeding him, talking to him while he sat
3 feet away (plus having eternal patience), he finally let me pick
him up..we been best buddies ever since.

Here's he is admiring a trophy sized deer mouse:

DSCF9216-2.jpg

Considering his age, and the fact he's been hammering the
mice so hard these past couple months, I got to wonder if he
is experiencing some type of feline mid-life crisis..:occasion14:

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I seen a post where (I believe) Mzjavert has adopted a kitty that won't let her pick it up. Hope she sees this thread.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Our cat was abandoned by her mama....just like I was. :wink: Wife saved it - I didn't want to. While the cat was growing up, it loved me and hated her - go figure! The cat was mostly wild throughout its life and, even though she's never been fixed, she's never had any kittens. Of course, she's fought other cats, raccoons, groundhogs, skunks(!), and yes, even cattle!! :headbang: Grew up basically wild, not even wanting to come inside until the temps dropped to -35°F or so!

She's 12 or 13 now and, fortunately, doesn't mess with skunks anymore. Last year she got sprayed point blank in the chest. Her chest used to be all white, but now there's a yellow stain from the skunk spray over a year later! Can still slightly smell the skunk smell when her fur is wet from walking through wet grasses. Now she feels she's in retirement. Wants to be inside any time it's raining (well, wouldn't you if you stunk like skunk every time you got wet? *hehe*) or when snow is on the ground. Smart cat - never does a thing wrong in the house, UNLESS I happen to be sitting right there close by! Then she likes to tempt the waters. ....How long do these stupid things live again? :BangHead:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night my neighbor, Phil (aka:Gnatnutz) and I were hanging out in
my shop watching some TV (Gold Rush), and my boy Scruff comes
flying in the cat door and deposits this fat rat right between our feet.
The rat was not injured (yet) from his capture. Scruff likes to bring
me mice because he thinks I'll play with them...(ie: it's a gift Dad!),
but this was the very first rat I've ever seen around our place.

Took Phil and I about a minute to terminate the thing, and then Scruff
wanted to pose for trophy pics.

View attachment 1509089

I tossed it out for the 'coons, and it was gone and consumed (I assume)
within about 5 min.

Scruff was pissed off about that....I think he expected that I was going to
have the nasty thing mounted for him!

OH yeah love me some Kitty's.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our cat was abandoned by her mama....just like I was. :wink: Wife saved it - I didn't want to. While the cat was growing up, it loved me and hated her - go figure! The cat was mostly wild throughout its life and, even though she's never been fixed, she's never had any kittens. Of course, she's fought other cats, raccoons, groundhogs, skunks(!), and yes, even cattle!! :headbang: Grew up basically wild, not even wanting to come inside until the temps dropped to -35°F or so!

She's 12 or 13 now and, fortunately, doesn't mess with skunks anymore. Last year she got sprayed point blank in the chest. Her chest used to be all white, but now there's a yellow stain from the skunk spray over a year later! Can still slightly smell the skunk smell when her fur is wet from walking through wet grasses. Now she feels she's in retirement. Wants to be inside any time it's raining (well, wouldn't you if you stunk like skunk every time you got wet? *hehe*) or when snow is on the ground. Smart cat - never does a thing wrong in the house, UNLESS I happen to be sitting right there close by! Then she likes to tempt the waters. ....How long do these stupid things live again? :BangHead:

Faithful Kitty & Tuff Kitty.

I had a couple Male & Female Cats 'Mark ' my back as theirs over the years . Only a few times tho, all our Kitty's '5' are over 12 or 15 years old , 1 is not far from going to the Pearly Gates & she will be Missed.

Hope your cat enjoys retirement .

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, it's just a week into the snow and already she's pushing my buttons. Whatddya think - think your kitty would like some company when it make that trek to the Pearly Gates? :BangHead:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Cats are funny. Our Callie (her name) used to love to catch and kill moles. Then she would put them on the back porch in a line ... according to sizes so we could see what a good job she was doing.

We kept one of her kittens from her second litter. We purchased a pack of stuffed mice at the dollar store for him to play with. Just throw one on the floor and let him tear after it for a while. One evening we noticed that he no longer had any of the mice, so my daughter went looking for where he might have hidden them. She started laughing and called my wife and I back to see. The cat had put all of his toy mice under my daughter's bed, in a circle, nose to nose ... "like they were having a prayer meeting" was how she said it.

As Jeff said, "cats- can't live with em, can't eat em raw" ... but have you been to the Chinese restaurant lately?

chinese-restaurant-funny-sign.jpg

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, it's just a week into the snow and already she's pushing my buttons. Whatddya think - think your kitty would like some company when it make that trek to the Pearly Gates? :BangHead:

That ain't right.

Cats are funny. Our Callie (her name) used to love to catch and kill moles. Then she would put them on the back porch in a line ... according to sizes so we could see what a good job she was doing.

We kept one of her kittens from her second litter. We purchased a pack of stuffed mice at the dollar store for him to play with. Just throw one on the floor and let him tear after it for a while. One evening we noticed that he no longer had any of the mice, so my daughter went looking for where he might have hidden them. She started laughing and called my wife and I back to see. The cat had put all of his toy mice under my daughter's bed, in a circle, nose to nose ... "like they were having a prayer meeting" was how she said it.

As Jeff said, "cats- can't live with em, can't eat em raw" ... but have you been to the Chinese restaurant lately?

View attachment 1510739

That ain't right either!

I love cats, my husband doesn't. But while raising kids we managed to have two. The first one was Sylvester. I tried to keep him in the house. We couldn't afford to have him fixed. One day he decided to spray a basket of freshly washed and folded clothes. Out the door he went. He then adopted the street out front as his very own lounge. So many times I would catch him laying on the yellow lines. Needless to say that's how he met his end. The next cat we got was a tabby we named Milo. Yes we had a pug named Otis, too. Those two were just like the ones in the movie. Hilarious. Well we made sure to foot the bill for the getting the cat fixed and getting him shots. Little did we know that the rabies shot causes cancer in cats. We had to put him to sleep when he was 8/9. He was the only cat my hubby liked. Now we have fish, outside in a pond. Low maintenance and I don't get attached.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread