Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think it's here finally. Storm brought maybe a foot or so of snow but hard to say with all the wind. Road conditions were horrible over the weekend with I-70 shut down for about 10 hours Saturday night. Drove through a half mile of white out for about a half mile on the way to work in 30-40mph winds that night. Only tips I can give you for that is turn your flashers on, slow down but don't stop, remember how the road goes, drive by feel, repent of every sin you may have ever committed even inadvertently, and crank the radio up. I wondered why the Summit Stage bus was northbound in the south bound lanes but turned out the opposite was true, and I corrected that real quick. Hope everybody had a good Christmas. I don't expect a lot of presents, but those Comanches down in Oklahoma surprised me and sent me a really nice Pendleton blanket.

Attachments

• 12-26b.jpg
    12-26b.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 12-26c.jpg
    12-26c.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 12-26e.jpg
    12-26e.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 55
  • 12-26f.jpg
    12-26f.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 58
  • 12-26h.jpg
    12-26h.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 55

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a scary drive. Glad you made it home safe. Beautiful photos. I especially like that fourth one. Looks like you'll be needing that blanket.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naw, I made it to work safely. The thing that surprised me, is on that half mile stretch of total whiteout from Coyne Valley on south to Breck, with heavy tourist traffic and all, there were absolutely no accidents and nobody off in the ditch.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RGINN!! Nice Pics!! WARM looking Blanket, looks as if you will need it while driving!! He He!! Hope you're well!! Happy Holidays!! Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good ole I-70. Drove that daily in SW PA for years. Know what you mean driving by memory! Really cool looking blanket!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow great photos!! Where in Oklahoma is that.
RudyT that's up here in Colorado where I live now in Summit County. The blanket is from Oklahoma. If I was back in Oklahoma, it would probably be pics of an ice storm, and I hope all y'all down in Texas and Oklahoma don't get any this winter.

RudyT

Nov 23, 2017
LaPorte, Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I read it wrong. It sure is beautiful. What’s the name of the town.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I read it wrong. It sure is beautiful. What’s the name of the town.
Frisco, Colorado. In Summit County, about 10 miles north of Breckenridge, 70 miles west of Denver, about 10 miles west of the Continental Divide. Great country if you ever get up here. I would probably come in the summertime though if I was you.

diggingthe1

Silver Member
Feb 11, 2015
Victor, CO...City of Mines
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ800, Ex2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The family is going to Cooper for some skiing, we usually go to Monarch but looks like a little more snow up north. We love the smaller places on the weekdays. I saw the avalanche warnings on the internet. Happy Holidays, great pictures! I imagine that Highway has gotten worse in the last few years.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The cold just bothers the daylights out of my old bones anymore. Think I'll be staying out of the snow, unless, well, there is always that chance of snow, but it's rare here.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Think it's here finally. Storm brought maybe a foot or so of snow but hard to say with all the wind. Road conditions were horrible over the weekend with I-70 shut down for about 10 hours Saturday night. Drove through a half mile of white out for about a half mile on the way to work in 30-40mph winds that night. Only tips I can give you for that is turn your flashers on, slow down but don't stop, remember how the road goes, drive by feel, repent of every sin you may have ever committed even inadvertently, and crank the radio up. I wondered why the Summit Stage bus was northbound in the south bound lanes but turned out the opposite was true, and I corrected that real quick. Hope everybody had a good Christmas. I don't expect a lot of presents, but those Comanches down in Oklahoma surprised me and sent me a really nice Pendleton blanket.

Kinda makes one thankful for "global warming" doesn't it?

Can you imagine how much worse it would have been without it?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember days like that when I worked at The Overhead Door Co in Frisco. The worst blizzard I've ever encountered was going south of Raton NM on I25. I'll never ever venture out in that place again in a snow storm. The winds were blowing 50 mph + and took hours to make it to LV, NM. Wished I had camera to take a picture of my truck after I went through that.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions