Corvettes

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
I just returned from Williamsport, Pennsylvania. No, I didn't go to the Little League World Series....bt here's a few pics as the Museum and field are just a mile as the crow flies from my Mother's house.

The first is a drive-by of the Museum (the field where the Championship games were played is right behind this building.

Little league Museum.jpg

The second shot is the Goodyear Blimp getting ready to head towards the field on Sunday.

Goodyear Blimp.jpg

The main reason I went was to attend the annual Corvettes at Carlisle.

The number of Corvettes there boggles the mind:

Corvettes......

Corvettes.jpg

More Corvettes.....

More Corvettes.jpg

Even more Corvettes.....

Even More Corvettes.jpg

And a photo of something my sister just happened to purchase while she was there!

Nancy\'s Purchase.jpg

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Corvettes are sharp to look at but afraid I wouldn't want one.Starting in the mid 60's they all had a problem with water coming in on the passenger side.Every year since,also.I was at the Chevy dealer about 4 months ago and they had a new one sitting in the shop area and I was telling them about the water problem and they said they still have that problem and that's what that new one was in there for.They said they had used 3 tubes of silicon so far and it still leaked.For a vehicle that cost that much,you would think the engineers could solve that defect.Plus I don't like the under-carriage being just 4" off the ground.But they are a goodlooking car.

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
I bought a 78 vette at carlisle a few years ago, all matching numbers, triple black ..and like an idiot I sold it last year...made a few grand on it tho

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Now that's allot of vette's! Your sisters new ride is sweet! So how fast did you get her up to Wes? :D

Those poor kids must have been dying playing in that heat, but they are cute to watch.

Looks like you had a great time!

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Warsaw...you are right....mine does and I replaced all the gaskets on the T-tops. But ya know what...it sure is fun to drive! ;D

BEAST1jpg.JPG

CG...I didn't get to drive it until the next day. Let's just say that thing will "move"! ::)

Now rom...no sense in looking back. Just go next year and get ya another one ;)

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wes, all those w o n d e r f u l Corvettes :o. . . now that's a "field of dreams"

Keep safe,
watercolor

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wes, you should have driven there instead of flying! :) Great show for sure, I have never seen so many in one spot. Ocean City NJ usually has a big display of them on the boardwalk in October sometimes. But where are the Mustangs! :D

Don

OP
OP
wesfrye53

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Thanks Just Mona..no chin straps ;)

BTW...see what happens when your Mug moves up to the top? It's just like a new post!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love em all. I still think my favorite is the style used in "Route 66.

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread