tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some cold weather moved in this last Friday, so I took a little hike around to see what I could find and most of the critters I see around here were all hunkered down. The snow muffles much of the sounds you normally here without it, but the occasional flock of geese flying by which is a pleasant sound. Then I hear the familiar chatter of the King Fisher swooping from tree to tree. It did take a moment to stop for a far away shot. It's not a great picture of it taken under this cold diffused foggy lighting, but it was fun to watch this little master of minnow hunting go about it's business. These King Fisher's seem to be much more active on these cold days. Maybe they just need more protein to stay warm on days like this :dontknow:

Attachments

• walk 021018 1.jpg
    walk 021018 1.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 44
  • walk 021018 2.jpg
    walk 021018 2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 30

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Love that first pic ... so played around with it a bit (hope you don't mind). More time would likely help (I'm on lunch break) but that is a beautiful shot!

snowy_1.jpg

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I didn't do anything to that one. What you did look nice.

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pics, lots of ice here

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yeah I didn't do anything to that one. What you did look nice.

Actually, it's what you did that looks nice.

I just placed a white box (empty raster layer, filled with white) set to "dodge" blend mode over it, set the opacity at 15% to bump up the snow but not blow out the highlights ... and a black box (empty raster layer, filled with black) set to "Burn"blend mode over that and set the opacity at 20% to bring out the shadows but not turn them blak. That combination brought out the colors.

Properly done, I would have painted the areas I wanted to be darkened or lightened rather than filling the whole layer with a solid color.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually, it's what you did that looks nice.

I just placed a white box (empty raster layer, filled with white) set to "dodge" blend mode over it, set the opacity at 15% to bump up the snow but not blow out the highlights ... and a black box (empty raster layer, filled with black) set to "Burn"blend mode over that and set the opacity at 20% to bring out the shadows but not turn them blak. That combination brought out the colors.

...I would ask you to repeat that in English, but somehow I still don't think I'd understand. I'm Stupid.gif

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful, Tamrock! I love the king Fisher. I haven't seen ours yet, the pond is still frozen.

Chadeaux nice editing.

kcm.... LOL!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread