tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was up and out the door yesterday at 4 AM yesterday morning. A mine I deal with is having issues with some drill rod and carbide rock bits I sell them, so I headed up to see what's going on. One thing they got going on is their rock is what we call harder than the hub's of hell, so that makes conditions a real bugger. Overall I do have some ideas on a solution that may help the situation. It's a tough game this hard rock mining and it ain't never cheap, because you never can estimate the conditions you will encounter in driving a drift. The one thing they got going is the rock is very competent and requires very little support and in bad ground that always require a ton more expense in ground support. It was good start to the day seeing some Elk and I could hear a turkey gobbling below when I took that picture, but couldn't spot where he was. I had a rental vehicle and I never use the rental insurance, but put it on my insurance and I left the vehicle down below the steep mine road, because everything was frozen up there and when it starts to thaw it could send boulders down on ya. It was a bit of a hike to the mine that's above timberline and the air is pretty thin up there and by the time I made it to the mine and my heart was really pounding when I made it up to the site. That's my vehicle below at the red arrow, just below the timberline. I'm getting older and I sure ain't like I was when I younger. After all that I began my trip to Nevada and headed through central Colorado and shot some pictures along the way. In the Paradox Valley I was halted by a cattle dog who was busy driving a herd a cows down the highway. He must be the old dog as there were two other younger ones running back and forth keeping the herd from deviating off course. Those dogs are sure amazing to watch. After I slowly worked my way through that holdup I headed up the valley and into the Colorado Plateau country and into Utah.

Attachments

• drive 051418 1.jpg
    drive 051418 1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 63
  • drive 051418 2 A.jpg
    drive 051418 2 A.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 77
  • drive 051418 3.jpg
    drive 051418 3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 71
  • drive 051418 4.jpg
    drive 051418 4.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 54
  • drive 051418 5.jpg
    drive 051418 5.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
  • drive 051418 6.jpg
    drive 051418 6.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
  • drive 051418 7.jpg
    drive 051418 7.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 46

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Wow!...Beautiful pics as usual Grant!.....This post is as good or better than most travel magazine articles.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Those are beautiful and interesting photos! And by golly, I would not have survived that hike!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are beautiful and interesting photos! And by golly, I would not have survived that hike!
My doctor suggested I start doing things that gets my heart rate up and just taking a nice little jaunt above timberline will definitely do that. I guess I'm becoming a flatlander as the high altitude isn't the same as when I was in my 20s and living up in that country.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread