Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Camped here last night. Found a campfire at another site somebody didn't put out, and took care of that before the wind got up. Paid my respects at the Mickey Mouse tree. 37 overnight up where I was at, but got down to 25 in the valley. And this is what your campsite should look like in bear country.

Attachments

• 5-14a.jpg
    5-14a.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 5-14b.jpg
    5-14b.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 5-14c.jpg
    5-14c.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 57
  • 5-14h.jpg
    5-14h.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 54
  • 5-14i.jpg
    5-14i.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 59

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RGINN!! Those ROCKS are for throwing at the BEARS?? Anyway, GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! Saw your post to the River Rat!! PLENTY of SNOW down here last Dec.!!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah Verde some of the family down in Mississippi sent me pics of a bunch of snow they got. We didn't have any goin on at that time. I am happy to share with y'all any time though. They other day they were tellin me it was 90 degrees down in Oklahoma, and that was something to think about while I was out tryin to scrape the ice off my windshield.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
That high country is to dang cold for me,gimme the heat over the cold any day.

GOD Bless

Chris

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gett'n pretty up there. Hey jonnybravo, what the heck happened last Monday on Monarch. I was heading over it and saw a sign saying the pass was closed. I had go the long way over Cochetopa. That kinda put me behind on my trip and I'm just now getting caught up by leaving a couple destinations of my route.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Colorado looks like a beautiful place to visit. But, like worldtalker, I don't like cold. Or, I should say, my bones don't. Which is the warmest month there?

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where I'm at, about 3 days in July it gets up over 70. First two years I was here I about froze to death, then got used to it. Doc Holliday said about this part of the country that it was 9 months of winter and 3 months of late fall, and he was mostly right. Just remember, it's a dry cold, haha!

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure about monarch pass unless there was a rock slide or a big wreck but the wrecks make the news here usually. I came home sunday and there was a little construction.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure about monarch pass unless there was a rock slide or a big wreck but the wrecks make the news here usually. I came home sunday and there was a little construction.
Huh!, I'm fixing to go over Monarch today, so hopefully all's good. Still it's always nice to go over Cochetopa one in a while. I used to do some fishing in that steam over in the canyon that over off the road that runs up Cochetopa. It's pretty nice fishing stream in there.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't fished in the Cochetopa but I've dug a few holes along there. I think the gold has already washed down to the bottom for the most part.
I've never seen monarch pass closed. Only limited to chains or four wheel drive during the winter. The plows will run full force when they have to to keep it open. I went over during a blizzard once to go snowboarding in Crested butte took me an hour and a half to cross over and I could barely see the road in the sideways snow. I averaged about 7 mph the whole way I think. It was some slow motion travel for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread