too big to carry home

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
I might suggest it's possibly better NOT to strip it out, and keep as much as possible in one place.

Perhaps someone might want to put it back together, or hotrod it...

There's a newer genre of Rat Rods people are building nowadays...
Kinda rugged looking old iron, brought to marginally acceptable condition, with a fun horsepower drivetrain under it.

Got a few around here... will be sure to post a picture next time I catch 'em out on mainstreet.

You've done a great thing, posting a pic of it online! I'm sure at least a few viewers here have forwarded the pic elsewhere... who knows? Perhaps a happy home will be found for it!

HH
rmptr

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See if you can have it before the snakes start using it for shade this spring!
Or at least hunting it before then!

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Most assuredly Mental G! I will be out there before the snakes come out. Though a few yrs ago I was walking a creek just about the same time of Feb, & stumb;ed upon a snake sunning itself. He was too cold to mess w/ me, & I didn't stick around to talk to it. I am consious (?) of snakes all yr round. specially diggin.

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Sgt Ski, After a second look and the side view it looks like my second car I paid 8 dollars for. It was a 1930 Chevy and I burned Kerosene in it, started on gas. My kerosene was free so being so young meant no money. My first was a 28 Chevy and I traded a calf for it . It had babbit poured rods and I had to fix the knocking . I relined the bearings with cut out pieces of Prince Albert cans. Kids will do any thing.
I was a used car wheeler dealer had five before I was fifteen. Every time I got one I would get tired of it and trade or sell it. Gnewt

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Gnewt,
I used to wheel and deal autos and motorcycles before the gubment got so involved in it.
Lots, and lots of them!
The bureaucratic red tape kinda took all the fun out of it, and definitely any chance at breaking even!
Then, just a few years ago, I got a license from gubment to sell used cars, and did it for a living for a while.
Can you imagine getting a license to sell used cars!
Crazy!

At least the folks had a nice long contract the state demanded where they had to sign in 17 places, that the car was sold 'AS IS.'

I told people, soon as the back axle hits the street, it's all yours!

LOL ...and they'd STILL hit the street with the pedal to the metal, instead of being gentle and acting like they hoped it would get them back and forth to work for a while!

More fun selling low dollar older cars than new hi-dollar ones. ;D

rmptr

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
one of the members on this forum is going to come chk it out. will let you know what happens.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions