mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
My friend & I checking out a cellar, she's making sure there were no snakes. The place has gooseberries everywhere. yum I know what I'm making this summer.
next are pix of the spring the homestead kept their dairy in. Just learned there was a smithy's on the property in the mid to late 1800's. Will have to go back to do some diggin. The close up was me sticking my camera in & clickin, & hoping I got a good pic. didn't turn out to bad. was a fun day, even if we didn't get any coins or goodies. was nice to be out & enjoying the sunshine.

Attachments

• cellar.jpg
    cellar.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 269
  • spring 1.jpg
    spring 1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 268
  • spring grotto1.jpg
    spring grotto1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 262
  • spring grotto 2.jpg
    spring grotto 2.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 261

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a good looking place.

Fossis..............

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I was so surprised to hear the place was a smithys. I have been visiting these folks for awhile, but never really talked about history at all til this. Am anxious to get out there & explore. There is also a grave yard down the creek that's pretty big. no road to it now. will have to look for foundations close by.
They said people believed the spring had healing qualities, & would come aways to drink it. since there is a town here in southern MO. named Lithium cuz of the litium in the wells there, wouldn't surprise me one bit.

ark turtle

Nov 2, 2007
mamabear said:
My friend & I checking out a cellar, she's making sure there were no snakes. The place has gooseberries everywhere. yum I know what I'm making this summer.
next are pix of the spring the homestead kept their dairy in. Just learned there was a smithy's on the property in the mid to late 1800's. Will have to go back to do some diggin. The close up was me sticking my camera in & clickin, & hoping I got a good pic. didn't turn out to bad. was a fun day, even if we didn't get any coins or goodies. was nice to be out & enjoying the sunshine.

mamabear:

I have a spring on my place, but yours is a lot better. Good pics, do more....

Ark Turtle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread