Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....this is the lighthouse at Peggy's Cove which is one of the most photographed areas in North America. What makes this one so special that it is the only working post office in a lighthouse in Canada. Have a nice cancel that is in the shape of....a lighthouse of course.

One has to walk around the glacier boulders with care as over the year many a tourist has been swept from it's shore by waves and there are nasty undertows in the area. The Sou'Wester Resturant serves great gingerbread and ice cream!
47b5dc09b3127cce90de90653f4c00000016108AcM2bhk4ZN2

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
how far is the closest "town"? how odd to have a post office there? would love to visit it.

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Nice piece of info and a cool picture Les. Al so glad to see your not banned
from this site anymore> Or at least I hope your not. Hey, aren't you on Vacation about now? Have Fun

Desertfox
(paul)

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
How cool...a post office eh? Who would have thought!? Thanks so much for sharing the pic and the story as well. :icon_sunny:

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Its beautiful....I have a 'thing" for lighthouses and always wanted to live in one.....its beautifiul....did I say that already :)

bill gent

Sep 22, 2006
jersey city new jersey
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
awhile back in I think Newburg NY there was a lighthouse that stood near the hudson river that was a retail store and was for rent there was only the big room at the top the botton ones were kind of smallish
best look into a building that was occupied by a harbor master if you want river views

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread