Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
p5040123 (3).jpg
He wasn't here yesterday, I think the high water from the river caused him to move to the pond.​
p5040123 (2).jpg
A little closer...he's just a baby, maybe about 12-16".​
p5040124 (3).jpg
My favorite tree in the pond.​

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
I would be perfectly content if Al E Gator kept his distance! lol Very cool to see him though and that tree is gorgeous! Thanks for the pic!

OP
OP
River Rat

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the pic of baby gator! And that tree is beatuiful! Just dont let him sneak up on ya!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh chit... :o

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
RR'

I think you need to get Al E. Gator some friends. Then you can have some classy shoes and purses and even some different food on the table! :tard:

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
That gator is bigger than 12 - 16 inches, more like 3 feet. just the right size for some kabobs :thumbsup:

You can estimate the size of a gator in the water by calculating the distance between its nostril and it’s eyes. The number in inches, is proportional to the length of the gator in feet from the nose to the tip of its tail.

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Nice pics. I spent a lot of time deep in the Everglades as a teen. Never went without my 12 ga. shotgun. Back in the early '70s, people liked to grow some strange weed in the 'glades. Most gators I ran across were content enough to leave you alone. Some of the weed farmers were more dangerous than the gators. Then cocaine hit Miami..... but that's another story. 8)

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Arizona Bob said:
Nice pics. I spent a lot of time deep in the Everglades as a teen. Never went without my 12 ga. shotgun. Back in the early '70s, people liked to grow some strange weed in the 'glades. Most gators I ran across were content enough to leave you alone. Some of the weed farmers were more dangerous than the gators. Then cocaine hit Miami..... but that's another story. 8)

you right about that, in Hawaii too you stay on the hiking trails due to the "crop" you might run into if you stray off. Many a folk has disappeared who wandered off. I have found them with all kinds of booby traps etc protecting them

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
They aren't scared of humans that's for sure.I took this pic from about 15 ft away.This one was hauled off by the state, it was eating neighborhood dogs. Measured just over 13 feet.

Attachments

• Big Al 002.jpg
    Big Al 002.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 338

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, but i would think they dont have to move that fast for to long, DEPENDING on how close you are! ;D

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
mental granny said:
Thanks, but i would think they dont have to move that fast for to long, DEPENDING on how close you are! ;D

Despite their appearance, alligators are extremely quick and agile. They are capable of amazingly fast bursts of speed, if only for a short distance. It has been said that an alligator can outrun a horse for a distance of 30 feet.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew that you should not take them for granted cause they wil get ya in the blink of an eye! I seem to remember about out running horses :icon_scratch: In favct back somewhere I think mI have a pic of a gator extra big one in Tx. came in durning hurricane and it was swimming with a deer in its mouth!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread