Coneflowers

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
One Spring, we bought a small Coneflower plant to place beside a parking spot. The pot came with two plants in it, neither was flowering. By late Fall, we figured out the large plant was a weed, and the nearly dead plant was our Coneflower. I guess they came back pretty well, the bumble-bee stays on them all day. If we move, this one goes with us.
:wink:

Attachments

• Coneflower pic.jpg
    Coneflower pic.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 200
  • Coneflower n bee.JPG
    Coneflower n bee.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 202
OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Yep Dave, I'm going to take these out to the farm and get them started alongside the road. Along with some Daisies and Black-eyed Susans, maybe. (some kind of bug is eating ours this year)

Lawnmowers have ruined the countryside. Where roads were once lined with the Daisy, Black-Eyed Susan, Queen Ann's Lace, and Clover, we have 3" grass. Everyone has a riding mower and tractor, and they just keep mowing. Yes, the fields and yards look very nice all manicured, but the wildflowers are gone. Now, if you don't mow, you just get weeds.

And if it wasn't the homeowners cutting down the 'good stuff', it would be the highway dept. with their boom mowers. Around here, if you happen to have something you're trying to grow within reach of the boom mower, you have to post signs stating "No Mow!"

Never was much of a flower guy, but that's changed with age, I finally learned to stop and enjoy nature to it's fullest.

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
they dry out and keep for ever. also they make echinasiasa or some thing like that. i've grown them and are fun.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Ditto, Excavator...

Never was much for flowers in the past... good a place as any to stop the truck and wet the wheel.

Now I water 'em! ;D

Never seen those 'coneflowers' out here on the left coast. They must be right flowers! ;D

Nice flowers, I like 'em.

Best

OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
rmptr said:
Ditto, Excavator...

Never was much for flowers in the past... good a place as any to stop the truck and wet the wheel.

Now I water 'em! ;D

Something like this? ;D

Attachments

• Pete cat 320.JPG
    Pete cat 320.JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 125

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Nice rig EXc,

Is that yours?

...Took this yesterday....

Attachments

• z.JPG
    z.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 130
OP
OP
Excavator

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
My favorite Pete w/Fontaine trailer, but the CAT went to a southern Ohio CAT store, if I recall.

Your shot looks like a pipeline job. Also looks like the operator is trying to keep his pile off of highway 101. ;D

Hey flyingguy, ever try to plant the seeds? Any tips?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread